Bubblecar meet update

Ratdat

Well, the response to this hasn't exactly been overwhelming and from two forums so far I've only got interest from just 15 people. The upshot of this is that unless you want to stump up a fiver each it's goodbye to having some undercover area in the form of a marquee and no chance of food layed on. They have BBQ facility there we can use but it's going to be a bit crap if it rains. So... you'll have to bring food to BBQ if you want to eat and has anybody got any gazebos we can huddle into if it's wet? If anyone is planning on pulling out or not showing up please say so NOW. I need to confirm final details with the museum this weekend. -Ed

I'll be there on one day at least, hopefully two. Not sure yet if I'll be camping or not as obviously the ambulance is not going to be going anywhere for some time yet, but I might dig out the tent if the forecast is looking good. I'd be happy to stump up a fiver for a marquee.

I've got a couple of spare tents if anyone needs one. First come first served! I can take them there on Friday.I have booked the marquee which will cost me £75 so any help toward the cost would be greatly appreciated!I spoke with the people today and we can use their BBQ facilities so bring whatever you want cooking. We can cook stuff up on both days. I'll have a caravan there which has an oven and a hob plus a couple of reasonable sized fridges so I can keep some food fresh for Sunday. Apparently, there a very good chippy local too (fish and chips for those turning up on Friday evening might be good). Bring beer etc.-Ed

Ratdat -you have pm re weekend.Aiming to arrive mid Sat pm in the Ozzie 411 -so see you all then!!

Cool, looking forward to inspecting that NB :D I'll be there around lunchtime Sat in my 710 Violet, staying in the B&B *wimp* :P

At least a few of will be there from around 00.01 Saturday, as we’re staying there Friday night. So I would say come as early as you like.After a slow start it looks like numbers are building up nicely, excellent! I’ll be on my way there this time tomorrow, by way of a National Trust property (those stickers aren’t for show, I’m living the dream). While the Camry isn’t exactly going to be a star exhibit, I must give the old thing a clean tonight.Packing is going to be interesting, as well as the camping clobber for us four I want to try and squeeze in a Raleigh Chopper frame and constituent parts for Joncedric.

At super short notice :oops: I think I will be able to make this event :D What time will people be arrivng on Saturday? Oh and is there a Bed and Breakfast nearby if I cannot be bothered to put up my tent or the weather is bad?

Quite a few people will already be there Saturday morning and I should think most will roll in by 10. There are a couple of B&B's. The Museums own one can be got on 01400 262637. If they are booked up there's another next door and they'll most likely put you onto them.

Excellent - bear in mind that my estimate is wholly unrealistic and doesn't count me stopping at 3 or more service stations, getting lost, turning back because I've forgotten something, etc. so expect me there a bit later.Thanks once again for arranging this, I'll make a donation towards the marquee!