shite or not................

Rocket88

just acquired what some people would class as one of the finest examples of autoshite..............a BX turbo diesel estate. Reminds me of a slightly arthritic, and probably at some point , incontinent, old Labrador. especially when you first start it. Lots of wheezing and groaning, but eventually climbs on to all fours, and plods off. Some of the electrics still work, the mechanics seem fine, but sooner or later you know a large vets bill is going to need paying. Last bloke had it ten years, and seems to have had it serviced EXTREMELY regularly, probably not out of choice.......I presume that this model is actually worth paying money for, especially as this one is a seven seater, which, as far as I can make out, is extremely rare.

Reminds me of a slightly arthritic, and probably at some point , incontinent, old Labrador. especially when you first start it. Lots of wheezing and groaning, but eventually climbs on to all fours, and plods off.

Yep, that about sums up the BX ownership experience. :lol::lol::lol: Welcome to the club!

Presumably in TZD trim - an excellent choice young man. Get yourself over to:

Posted Image

For some user friendly advice. These can be a serious hoot at anything over 2K revs - they shift a bit.

form already filled out and despatched! Don't suppose anyone's got a driver's side electric window switch spare, by any chance.......... the performance has been a bit of a surprise, to be honest, when provoked it does seem to get on with it, and the fuel consumption is excellent. I presume you can run these on Mazola?

Depends on the type of fuel pump - Bosch is OK, Lucas Roto is a bit iffy and SVO / WVO will eat at the seals - that said I ran one for 40K miles with the Lucas system on a DERV/SVO mix with no problems.Window switch may just need a clean, or may be wires in door / A panel feed (these get squidged then break)EDIT - BXC Account active.EDIT 2 - just noticed the 7 seater edit to your original post - rarer than rocking horse dung - photos needed.

Those old XUD lumps are best in the midrange, 2500-4000rpm, where they really are quite quick to pick up speed. Sounds like a nice 'un. One of those motors (like my 405 wagon) where they are so damn useful for carting stuff around, you'll never want to get rid. I loaded mine up with 5 8'x4' plasterboard sheets, a door, and three hundredweight of timber this morning and she shrugged it off like there was no load at all :lol: