Strange Gm Promotion shite from the 80's *New finds 25/5*

Split_Pin

I was looking for something completely unrelated and found these at the back of the drawer:

Posted Image

They are very strange vinyl stickers filled with foam, given to me by the salesman who sold my dad a new D-Reg Cavalier GL estate, in Sapphire blue.

A bit different from the usual old brochures :)

PS I also found in my wardrobe: Fiat 127 Fiorino Grille, Mk3 Scrote Grille, same for MG Metro and an MG metro leather sterring wheel.

Well I'm happy now lol :oops:

For the full set, you need the "CRAPPY CARLTON" badge, and it would be worth a mint on the Bay..................

Is that with the "joyridden burnt out Belmont" collection :lol:

Hmmmm....Nasty Nova.Awful Astra.Bangered BelmontCrusty CavalierCrappy CarltonMinging MonzaAnd............................Shitey Senator!No?.......................................Oh.................OK then.................I'll get me coat......

Blimey, they must be almost as rare as survivors of the vehicles being promoted :lol: Love the 'Captain cavalier' one, sounds like a bar frequented by gentlemen who favour the drop handle bar moustache and leather cap look :lol:

Lol. I remember there was a 'Mean Manta' sticker in the set too - sadly it hasn't turned up yet :(

Fantastic! I remember those! I got hold of 3 of them at the 1987 motorfair! They were plastic padded with foam inserts - as I was a car obsessed youth I chose to put them on my wardrobe.

I stuck mine on the back of the Bedroom door, I think they were a motorshow jobbie along with some outragous Poleneze badges.

Ha ha, that FSO badge is class.'Solid car it is' - sounds like fuggin Yoda off Star wars.

:roll: I read it as Solid Car Itis (bit like Tonsilitis) - I thought it was a disease or something :arrow::!:

I found some more shite-related shite in my wardrobe today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grille is for a 127 Fiorino and MG Metro. I also have a leather MG metro Steering wheel somewhere.

Both perfect nick. I cant be bothered with e-bay, but if anyone knows someone who requires said items and can guarantee that they will be going on the car, then they are free to them! :D

FSO badge not for sale tho lol (who'd want that? :roll: )

My Pops was a mechanic at an FSO dealer years back and I'm sure he has a load of PolskiTat literature...I'll see if I can dig it out.He hated the damned things but conceded that they were built like bloody tanks.

I would agree with this 100%! :D My pals F-reg example stood up to some amount of abuse lol!Strange that, back in the 80's, the budget car market was dominated by elderley Fiat-based designs, but now you get the Daewoo Matiz. It just doesnt have the same curiosity value! :cry: