I'm having a SHITE DAY

RENOMAD

More shite than a Vauxhall Corsa in pink with "Top Totty" on the back windscreen? (not sure of the shite scale here yet):( Are you gonna get onto recruitment agencies or look around yourself? (i'd wallow and procrastinate, but that's highly undesirable if you can avoid it)

BUMHATS.

I'll look myself.I always think that agencies only want to fill a roll/contract that they will make most comission from

^good call, I quite agree^Don't "do" agencies. Come to think of it I rarely "do" formal interviews either.

Bugger. I'd agree that agencies are crap, but they might be a good way to get your face known in companies. I wouldn't know, no agency has ever placed me. I usually hear bugger all from them until a year after I've found another job.I don't know what you did but do you have contacts in organisations that you dealt with? That's definitely the most likely way to get a job.

The motor Trade over here in Ireland has fallen flat on its face over the last couple of months--trade down 60%.Lost my job because of downturn--simple as.Simply 1 too many sales people in the place----Guys being let go all over.

Sorry to hear about that, I know exactly how it feels, having been 'let go' twice before in the past. I decided to retrain, and go back to college/uni and seth mentions, its the best thing that could happen - new avenues and all that. Be prepared to wait a bit, and in the meantime enjoy the freedom.

I’ll echo the above, bad luck and hope something good comes out of it for you. Happened to me years ago, fortunately when I’d got far fewer responsibilities than I have now. Picked up what was meant to be a couple of weeks’ draughting work which turned into being self-employed for over three years – didn’t earn a fortune but it gave me flexibility to work how and when I wanted and kept me in the industry.

Bad news chap! I'm worried for my job too, over here at the council jobs are disappearing due to massive cuts (thanks to a great big hole in the budget, presumably all the money fell out of it). Not good.To be honest, I used an agency a few years back and found them to be very helpful indeed. I had a job within the week, but after a few months I had a disagreement with the boss there and quit. Despite my former boss painting a very bad picture of me out of spite, they stuck by me and found me another (better and more well-paid) job within the week and I stayed there for years, earning them something like £20K in commission. When I was finally made permanent, I was the longest temp they ever had on their books by quite some margin, not far off 3 years!If I had time to prepare I'd go search out a job myself, but if I suddenly found myself jobless I'd be straight back over there!

Guess I wont be buying any cars for a while----I lost my job today.

HOW SHITE IS THAT! :shock:

That's not shite, that's Shit!!!! (with a capital S and 4 exclaimation marks)

More shite than a Vauxhall Corsa in pink with "Top Totty" on the back windscreen? (not sure of the shite scale here yet)

That's not shite, that's shit!!!!!!!!!! (with no capital S but 10 exclaimation marks)

Bad news, sorry to hear that :( I got chucked out last year, but got sorted out a few weeks later, in a much better job. However, that's starting to look a bit precarious now as well.The agencies I contacted varied in their approach - some didn't even acknowledge my CV, whilst others were quite keen to help (although none of them even got me an interview) Don't write them off - you only need one to come up with the goods!Good luck :D

Thats bad news :( Hope you find something soon.Have you ever thought of becoming a Priest? The Celebacy thing is more of a guideline than a rule and was introduced by the Normans. Three square meals a day, and everyone looks cool in black......