Autoshite: The Calendar 2012. Suggestions?

Pete-M

I know it's early yet, but I still smile whenever I look at the 2011 calender - especially at Trig putting the August subject matter on ebay in August, but we've had some truly blinding spots / camera shots this year.

Some I like;

6099378573_46cc4f1dbb_z.jpg

301698_10150288223009644_804084643_7489857_6111752_n.jpg

Autoshitestondon0910_081.jpg

5988914454_ce3c9e2aa6.jpg

and of course, this

180062_10150089713429644_804084643_5848020_5227961_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah, we'll get this done. More suggestions please with perhaps a vote or something in a couple of weeks time? There seems to be plenty of class pictures to choose from so get those favourites posted up!

I'll get hold of the calendar people this afternoon and sound out prices etc.

IIRC the rules for the current year's calender were that they had to be owned by members of the Autoshite community; I think this should be the general idea for next year's too, but for one month where we can vote for photographs of other people's shite that we've taken (should this be called the Brammy/Barrett award? I think so, both contribute disproportionately more to the Autoshite spotting cause but as far as I know do not own a car as yet.)

Also, can we find out the format that the calendar producer needs, and crop photos to suit? I think this year's needed 16:9 photos but we all supplied 4:3 so they appeared unnaturally compressed.

Personally prefer to keep it to 'our' cars too, seems to work better IMHO. The picture quality was all my fault last year (sorry) as I rushed it a bit so will attempt to sort it this time round. At work this morning so will have a look at their website again later and have a play with images as a test.

For the benefit of a newby, what are the ground rules?

Does it have to be a forum members' car or can it be any photogenic old clunker that epitomises the meaning of Autoshite?

OK so you anticipated the question and put the answer up whilst I was writing :)

I'll show my arse in Burton's window if one of the cat photo's doesn't get voted in. Louise's car was on last years calendar but nothing to stop it going to the vote again I suppose. When you think of the quality of snappers we have on here (Tayne, Dolly, Wat and Trig amongst plenty of others) there must be shit loads of kwal pictures to choose from.

Some good suggestions so far folks.

I'll ever so 'umbly submit these as possible choices. The photos themselves aren't up to much, but I think the subject matter is appropriate

6020288514_1d4d90cb6f_z.jpg

HELP! by barrogance, on Flickr

6020191120_7e3ae43792_z.jpg

Helpful Marina by barrogance, on Flickr

6020338396_c79dc455df_z.jpg

Style Vs. Money by barrogance, on Flickr

Not sure which one I like best, I think the Allegro sans Marina is a cracker, if I do say so myself. I can provide MASSIVE versions of these if needed