Mini on a frame?

pogweasel

12 " rimz should be OK (post '84 IIRC)10" rimz may well be tight - esp if the rubber has seen better days - you will either end up with it dragging its arse or scraping the A frame over anything higher than a pebble.Might I suggest a beer crate to sit on in said Min?

I think it'll fit -but tight. I would guess you'll need a trolley jack to get it all in place- and speed humps might be an issue -but they bolt to the wishbones which must be 5inches off ground -even on 10inch rims, so I reckon that'll give 3 inch clearance. That and the undoubted upward sweep to the towbar should sort it.Or a milk crate- as marty suggests!!

Well it worked!Got back no bother at all. Only clonked once driving out of a farm track. Don't know what I was fretting about.(Though realising after a mile I had left it in gear was mildly amusing)Now to crack on with rot removal (quelle surprise) and get it lovely for 'Er Indoors. Looks very shite at the mo!

Aye, it's pretty solid alright. The nearside sill is kippered, but that's easily fixed - just chop the whole thing out and weld in a new one... other than that there's not really anything other that surface rust, so wire-brush up and seal, easy. The footwells are about an inch deep n water at the mo as no bonnet and no dash has let the wetness into the cabin, but it's not rotted them thankfully so a bail-out and scrub-up!!!One of the drums was totally locked solid when we arrived to get it which was an arse... So, a thirty year old car with missing bits, dead electrics, non-running and unknown mechanical, structural rust and no interior. Great value at £180. Not. I could buy two proper shite roadworthy heaps for that :lol: still if it keeps her happy. And on the upside, it shouldn't cost much to get it on the road.

That Focus appears to be Aquafrost. I also have one of these but a Ghia model with the 1.8 Petrol. Top motor.

Aquafrost, c'est vrai. A quality chariot, it's a 1.8 turdblowa diesel. Get's hellishly abused, commuting, kids taxi, wet dog transport, tip wagon, tat recovery vehicle.... it's done 170,000 miles now and still drives like new. Passed another MoT yesterday with no work -again-... OK, it's a bit dreary but cripes that level of robustness & economy you just can't sniff at.

That Focus appears to be Aquafrost. I also have one of these but a Ghia model with the 1.8 Petrol. Top motor.

Aquafrost, c'est vrai. A quality chariot, it's a 1.8 turdblowa diesel. Get's hellishly abused, commuting, kids taxi, wet dog transport, tip wagon, tat recovery vehicle.... it's done 170,000 miles now and still drives like new. Passed another MoT yesterday with no work -again-... OK, it's a bit dreary but cripes that level of robustness & economy you just can't sniff at.
My parents have one that colour as well. Theirs is a 1.6 Ghia hatch though. A smidgeon underpowered for my tastes, and I find the steering a bit hypersensitive on the motorway, but it's huge fun on the mountain roads near where they live. I'm actually half thinking about getting a Focus when I sell the 166. Although knowing me I'll probably go out and buy something completely stupid like a barn find Bristol or something.

but it's huge fun on the mountain roads near where they live.

Where do they live then? :shock:

I'm actually half thinking about getting a Focus when I sell the 166.

166 not doing it for you then, or has it had it's time with you already? Or is that a 'some time in the future' kind of statement?

Today: FLOORS!I have spent a large part of today fannying with this Mini device. I chopped all the grot out of the floors (well the offside anyway, nearside was full of water). Anyway, lots of grinding resulted in just one weldworthy hole, so quite happy with that. Exposed some previous slightly naff looking repairs, but I think I can ive with them. Certainly not going to chop out a 99% good floorpan just for that. Smeared it all in lovely blue hammerite when I was done. CBA to paint it 'properly' :lol: I'll do some pics when I do t'other side (tomoz?)

Oh aye, I've swizzed one off my neighbour 'Dave'. He's not used it more than a few times so it's a good result.(odd fellow though... anyone who restores other peoples tanks & APC's for fun, and gives horses hair-cuts in his front garden is t'right by me.)