Honeymoon pics!!!!

55bloke

Ha ha, that got your attention, huh?! We just got back from a week honeymooning in Tenerife. As you may imagine, shite-spotting wasn't high on our list of priorities, and in anycase, in and around Los Christianos/Las Americas, where we were staying, there were VERY few older cars around. However, we hired a car for the last couple of days and went further afield, where the hunting was much better. Got quite a few pics to post, not sure if will get them all up in one session.

Will start with some Brit tin:-

Big ol' Jag- the only 1 we saw.

Posted Image

Battered Orion

Posted Image

Rather nice XR3i rag-top- again, the only 1 we saw.

Posted Image

Lovely XR4i 3 door.

Posted Image

Couldn't miss this!

Posted Image

Most of the usual suspects were around in numbers:-

Absolutely hundreds of Opel Corsas- they must've been a huge hit when new for so many to be still around. A particularly shitey one here.

Posted Image

and another in company with one of it's competitors.

Posted Image

Pug 205s were everywhere too- this a rather nice base model.

Posted Image

Seat Ibizas were in even bigger numbers- saw this beauty queuing for a ferry

Posted Image

quite a few of this version around.

Posted Image

Plenty of French tin about- well, 205s and Renners mostly!! This was the one of VERY few Citroens we saw, but it's shite epitomised, surely!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

VERY nearly missed this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Amazing numbers of 19s in use:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beautiful convertable

Posted Image

Class French tin!

Posted Image

Great pics!My family went to Tenerife in '86 - Corsas were pretty much the only hire car choice then, hence the huge numbers that appear to have survived. The police were still using Talbot Horizons as well, and there were a fair few Chrysler 180s around (drool, slobber).The XJ6 looks to be RHD - so presumably an ex-pat. I remember seeing a gorgeous pea green SD1 behind a villa's gates back then, still on UK plates.I believe the two letters at the end of the "TF..." reg plates signify the car's age, but I might be wrong - pretty sure it was up to V in '86.

Plenty of French tin about- well, 205s and Renners mostly!! This was the one of VERY few Citroens we saw, but it's shite epitomised, surely!

Posted Image

That's almost too shite. If that was a Mk1 Golf, I'd be screaming 'scene whore!!' and suggesting quantities of rust-coloured paint :)

Posted Image

Is it me, or after seeing UtterScrapingPiffleScrap's Renner does the roof look really really high on this? :)

Great pics!My family went to Tenerife in '86 - Corsas were pretty much the only hire car choice then, hence the huge numbers that appear to have survived. The police were still using Talbot Horizons as well, and there were a fair few Chrysler 180s around (drool, slobber).The XJ6 looks to be RHD - so presumably an ex-pat. I remember seeing a gorgeous pea green SD1 behind a villa's gates back then, still on UK plates.I believe the two letters at the end of the "TF..." reg plates signify the car's age, but I might be wrong - pretty sure it was up to V in '86.

Sorry to report, I didn't see a single Horizon or 180. And not 1 car on UK plates. Not surprising really, it's a hell of a long way! Was wondering if the reg numbers gave any clues to the car's age, so thanks for that- seems obvious, now it's been pointed out!! :roll:

So, finally I have a moment to post some more pics. Having done the French tin selection, here's some German tin!!

Crappy pic I know, but this was the only Beatle I saw, and very nearly missed it anyway!! Cool wheels- Cosmics?

Posted Image

Lots of Golfs about, but I found this one particualrly appealing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty sure this will have it's admirers on here.

Posted Image

Lovely, unmarked Ascona

Posted Image

Lust!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rather newer, and ALMOST as desirable!

Posted Image

I thought this was a real minter, 'til I spotted that rear door! Shame

Posted Image

Beemers of all descriptions are obviously popular here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But this is surely the peach!!

Posted Image

And, possibly my fave of the whole trip. Looked absolutely mint!

Posted Image

Ok, continuing the developing theme, here's some J shite!

quite a few of these to be seen

Posted Image

Always liked these.

Posted Image

Like these too, though probably not really shite!

Posted Image

How shitey is this though?!

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this!

Posted Image

A couple of days later, I thought I'd spotted the same car again...

Posted Image

But no, it's obviously much tidier. Two of these, the same colour, within a mile of each other!!

Posted Image

Finally, a few that didn't fit any of the above sections!

I have no idea what this is, but it's clearly shite!

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last, but no means least, this is probably equal fave with the Opel above. What a beauty!

Posted Image

Well, that's all folks, hope there's something for everyone!?

Brilliant spots!!I remember seeing all sorts of wonderful 70's shite still in use in the Balearics in the early 90's, but a few years later they had all gone :cry: Good to see this sort of stuff still in use on Tenerife though!My fave is the Seat 131 - I remember buying a little Spanish model of one of those in Menorca in the early 90's :D