RENAULT 14 FOR SALE

RENOMAD

Found this ad in Irish Buy and Sell------Not for me---Pass it onRenault 14 GTL 1982. Ulster Fermanagh Burgundy, body sound, starts & drive, in need of restoration, original number plates, £150 079-76835198 [save ad]

About 200 quid return from Stranraer to Belfast with a trailer.If you're feeling brave and want to drive it back you could fly to Belfast for a tenner and fork out about 80 quid for the ferry on the way back :lol::lol: Do it!

Opportunities like this for a right hooker come up once every 5 years, trust me I know! If you think you might like to give this one a home, act now or hold your peace till 2013! :wink: :shock:Thinking about it I'd have had mine 4 years this year, so not far off the truth. Then the one I saw advertised before that was in 1999. That was a 1979 GTL in East Sussex.

WANT. But it would be the stupidest thing I'd ever done. Trailering an R14 needing resto from NI to Jersey via England would bankrupt me :lol: especially if I then found that the damn thing had no floor

Very true - main barrier to doing so is the A-level French having gone rustier than our old 14TL did (also my lack of familiarity with carte grise/controle technique issues etc). I'm well up to speed on how to import a UK vehicle to Jersey and register it... it's much less simple with a French car unless all the paperwork is just so!