vicsmith

Lovely!

I hope the tester lets you keep the lovely original plates too.

I hope so too, is there now some guidance that says old-type plates should be changed to the modern style? Hope not Posted Image
Surely it's just a matter of getting new plates made and cable tying them over the old ones when it goes in for the MOT?
But why should anyone have to go that expense when the old plates conform to the legislation of the time?

Take this to its logical conclusion and you'll be seeing the entire line-up of the London-Brighton veteran run carrying modern plates. :roll:

Thankfully, I have a friendly local number-plate maker who didnt bat an eyelid when I asked for some silver-on-black plates for my 03 plate daily driver (for shows only)

Saying that they are STILL in that piss-pauvre new font.

Incidentally, I saw an modern BMW M3 on Sunday with old-style font number plates, complete with metal base and clipped on raised plastic lettering, so they can still be purchased :D

As Mr Bollox said, I just unscrew my 'illegal' number plates come MOT time and fit standard ones. :)

if it wipes out a load of these fancy-font 'wanker plates' it will have achieved something at least.

True. It doesn't seem to have put the kibosh on illegal spacing of digits though. Lost count of the number of "X5 5ARA" type plates I clocked during a few days in Edinburgh

Er this just came up on another forum, sorry about the shite picture I took but she is nice!

Posted Image

Majorette? Nice, I have that one somewhere in a sort of more greeny colour. I also have a 1/43rd French Dinky version also in a greeny bluey colour. Must have been a popular colour for models of Chrysler 180s/ 2 litres!

That doesn`t look like the majorette ones that I used to see come up quite regularily on my ebay-based quest for the 1:1 version. They usually had the "Quality Street Triangle" wheels that I remember invariably came with their replicas.

By the way, this happened:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good news with the 1:1 version!If that is the Majorette casting then those will be the earlier (frankly more realistic) wheels they used. The oldest models all carried them. Some, like the Fiat 127 can be found with the earlier & later versions of the wheels.

Looks great doesn't it? It's the result of a 3-man T-cut session and a quick coat of wax.Get some shots up of the mad interior, particularly the seats!