Amusing news story

wuvvum

I was with a few friends in London last summer, and one of them, the designated driver, turned up in his dad's (metallic orange-brown) M-reg Volvo 440. After a pretty good night out, we go back to the car to find out he'd parked illegally, the car had been towed away to a depot on Park Lane, and he'd have to pay 280 quid to get it unclamped... He would have tried the "nah, I'm not paying that, it's more than the car's worth ffs" trick, but as it was his dad's he couldn't, and so he stumped up the money. Moral of the story: massive jobsworths; they should be forced to drive a Kia Rio for life.

Oh dear :lol: I really don't like the idea of law enforcement being done by private companies (assuming it's the same NCP as the car parks).If they tried that one on me I would go to the nearest NCP car park and clamp the first one of their vehicles I saw that wasn't parked in a proper space and displaying a valid ticket. I would do this every day until I didn't have enough money to buy any more clamps.

It is the same company as the car parks, I had a run in with them not so long back, but actually found them pretty reasonable to deal with. The DVLA on the other hand......... :roll:

No sympathy from me. I'm sick of people who block the path. Plus he's a Builder and we all know that they are conning bastards. Plus he uses a cutter with no safety gear. Plus he's ugly and doesn't know where I live...... I hope.