Mercedes 190D

Milford Cubicle

Dunno what it's like in your neck of the woods, but half-decent 405 TD wagons (and atmo diesels as well) down here are beginning to make mental monies, despite the increase in veg oil. A 1-owner, short MOT '94 GTX with 160k made £771 on the Bay a couple of weeks back...and a Cat C Hunter with two minutes' MOT and a huge gash in one of the sills made £360! :shock: Mind you, if you have one to sell the "cost to change" doesn't have to be huge.I say - get the Merc and keep the 405 as well. I did GR8 TIP TRIPS today, as you say it's very useful. Surely a 190 that old should qualify for classic insurance. And if the sound of the engine bothers you, earplugs are a cheap remedy :lol:

Embrace the sound of the Engine by pretending you are on Holiday in the Mediterranean and you are in a Taxi!! You will need to get a beaded seat cover, wear sunglasses constantly and drive erratically with your arm hanging out of the window without wearing a seat belt and go around treating speed limits with complete disregard to achieve the full effect though.

I got my '96 405 wagon for £500 - with just under 120k, and 4 months T&T. It's not mint but it's tidy enough and the last owner had it for over 10 years.

Decided not to go for that Merc, bit too shite, but a W123 or W124 estate with a 5 or 6 cylinder engine would be good 'n' smart.