Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

If I ever meet Mister Haynes.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Ebay relists are all my fault. Ha Ha Ha!

• Full Members
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

I'm going to punch the **** in the face!4 hours trying to get the dash out of my slightly scorched AXGT, I discover the 2 bolts that arent mentioned in his F****** useless book!Who's with me on a trip to Sommerset with flaming torches?!
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

#2 OFFLINE   Marty

Marty

• Full Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationFutureshiteville - Blackpool

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Refiting is the reverse of the procedure....Perhaps a large adjustable spanner, and a tub of vaseline may be in order (removal is the reverse of insertion)Sorry - its a long day at work.....

#3 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I'd be more inclined to blame the surplus bolts on the Frogs myself.Strange though, from what I remember of AXs the dash tended to come off with little help from anything other than gravity. :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Ebay relists are all my fault. Ha Ha Ha!

• Full Members
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

Update!Took the bolts out, the heater motor fell out! :oops: Dash still beating me! Amazing how tough those crappy air fix dashes are. Its had this idiot tugging at it for hours!EDIT: Got the bastard. Now the real fun begins!
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users