Triang

Which do you think looks better?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think looks better?

• Surfer dude?
    • Terry and June???

Citroen H van, anyone?

Posted Image

Yes Please! 8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Mouseflakes' little beauty is a Renault Estafette I think, and to complete the trio, here's a Peugeot J7....

Posted Image

Three ugly French vans together.... 8)

Oh, and getting back to subject, I prefer the VW in "Surfer Dude" mode....Although if I were forced to have one (they're a tad over-priced & over-rated in my opinion) I'd have Fuchs alloys....Much nicer :D

T'is indeed an Esta - lovely/ugly aren't they? Last one I saw working for a living was a French visitor full of Reno parts. They made them up until the 80's I think.Thanks for the Pug Baz - They are hideous - you'd always see them on any 70's/80's news clips showing that someone had been arrested in France.I put the Hiace up 'cos I love the look of those early ones - had a couple myself. Nice column gear change and that split tailgate is great.I thought I'd 'load up' this thread with genuine shite before it became an orgy for 'dubbers (:wink: no offence intended Mr T :wink:)

I put the Hiace up 'cos I love the look of those early ones - had a couple myself. Nice column gear change and that split tailgate is great.

The green panel van is indeed a lovely thing....Very scarce nowadays too....Saw a slightly later camper like this....

Posted Image

....On a tour of East Anglia visiting family on Saturday....Top half was white, bottom half red, faded to pink :shock: ....Went to the glovebox to get my camera to get a shot of it (and the F11 Cherry parked next to it) and it wasn't there....Still on't table at home....Doh!

Speaking of ugly vans, has anyone seen a new Transit on the road yet?

Posted Image

Mmmmm, nice....Not! :(

No please no!!!!!Transit being the most popular UK van we will have to suffer looking at thousands of these Darth-Vader faced monstrosities for decades,... and I thought the current Transit looked just right, better than the one before which had a sirt of silly Scorpio like fish-guppy face,.... do I sniff an attempt at making a 'World Van' to appeal to our US Freinds? It does look a bit like the Dodge corperate van front????

Looks like that show van Ford did at the Detroit show last year which was a sort-of bank vault on wheels.I don't like it. The current one looks good but I can't get on with the backward slope of the door windows. And it's a shame that only the big ones are RWD these days. You can't beat a bit of 2nd gear/greasy roundabout/empty Transit on it's way back to the hire company.Make mine an early 'aero' model with the 3.0V6 - I once drove a 2.9 V6-engined LWB minibus on an F-plate and it was fantastic, but limited to 88mph due to the tyres...sounded like a souped-up Beetle of all things.

• 12 years later...