Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not really Shite but....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationThe edge of The Broads....Norfolk.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

....Here are a few pics of my latest daily (Replacing the R11) for your perusal....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

....We got off to a bad start, with the alternator failing within a couple of days of collecting the car....That's fixed now (first time I've got my hands dirty under the bonnet of a car for ages!), and whilst there is LOTS of room for improvement, I have to admit I love it! 8)
2005 Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Executive Tourer....Not Shite, but splendid nonetheless!
2006 Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRTD CDX 3-Door....More fun than you'd think!

#2 OFFLINE   55bloke

55bloke

• Full Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

Must admit, I love those things. Design hardly changed in decades, and still looks great.

#3 OFFLINE   Raffles

Raffles

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSwindon, WIlts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Fanny-tastic!One of the best cars I have ever driven. Handled like it was on rails.Loads of fun. Good Work Fella!
1995 2.0 Cavalier SRi -- 2001 2.2 Vectra SRi 150

#4 OFFLINE   Mr Lobster

Mr Lobster

• Full Members
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationSomewhere.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:11 AM

Excellent! I'm a big fan of MX5s they are great cars and properly sorted really do go and handle very well.Looks nice in white as well !

#5 OFFLINE   r.welfare

r.welfare

Lee 'Scratch' Perry

• Full Members
  • 3,988 posts
  • LocationUP YOURS DELORS

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

GR8 4 SWITCHING ON WIPERS WHEN YOU WANT TO INDICATEGood work, Baz. I assume that's the "HI-POWER" 1.6 rather than the weedy later version (P-reg) that I was punting a couple of years back. Should be a bit better for troubling the back end than the 89bhp I had to put up with.The white colour is growing on me, but I prefer Mariner Blue best for the early ones - on the original Minilite copies too. Mmm. That said, yours has a much nicer steering wheel than the original, and those seats' side bolsters look pretty much mint, too.No chance of a small 2-seater while Welfare Jnr continues to gestate, however :evil: Shame really, great to drive and lovely to service, the engine bay layout is superb.PS I'd recommend Waxoyling the sills till they're full, and undoing the 10mm bolts at the bottom of the front wing, then scooping out the handfuls of dead leaves and mud you'll find in there...trust me on this!

2003 Renault Espace IV 2.0 petrol - living up to its reputation...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users