The Stevens Zevan

Torsten2001

Behold the saviour of the British Motor industry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the highlight of my visit to the Commercial Vehicle show, looks good in the photos but close up looked like it'd been knocked up by school kids in an afternoon using papier machet dipped in cat piss judging by the smell on the inside and certainly in a rush judging by the pencil measurements on the doors, all that aside a cracking bit of shite unlikely to be seen again although I really would be delighted to be proved wrong! Check out the car versions on the web site:

www.stevensvehicles.co.uk

To be honest I don't buy all this shite about electric cars being better for the environment.But back to the Zevan...They want twelve grand (+ VAT) for that shitbox?And you have to buy the "deluxe pack" to get a fuggin radio??Wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels...

£12K sounds like a bargain price! Businesses would be insane to buy a Piaggio Porter for £6K instead.I'm sure they will go from strength to strength!

Some choice quotes from that site....."Up to 56 mile range"Very useful for a commericial vehicle"And almost six feet tall, Zecar® is as visible and safe as any 4x4"I'm over Six foot tall, and I don't fancy my chances if I were to run into the path of a moving Land Rover."Zecar® has space for five adults, and plenty of space for luggage"Plenty is pushing it a bit. And by a bit, I mean a bloody lot. Those seats look awful, I'm getting back ache just looking at a photo of them.Well, there we have it, the electric revolution is here. I can see lots of sleepless nights for BP Executives now this beast is on the scene.

Jeremy Clarkson once said he hated the Nissan Cherry as it 'had absolutely no redeeming features' which is unfair - good shite now.This piss-pauvre attempt at an 'environmentally friendly' vehicle, however, fits that description perfectly. :(

Wasn't the Polonez a Fiat design which they never put into production?

I read that somewhere, but other sources say it was FSO's own. Chassis and engine were pure Fiat 1100/125.Either way its definetley shite. (oh and great 4 doin donuts)

I can't specifically remember who did the BX design, but while at Bertone, Giugiaro's had a go designing the Renault 21. The man also scribbled the Hyundai Stellar, Lancia Prisma and Fiat Panda. A god no less. That Reliant FW has traces of R21 & Talbot Tagora in it, so there must have been something in the wine at the time.

Did they actually make a 2 door BX? Looks good... slightly off topic my fellow sussex shitelover but click here and scroll down http://leroux.andre.free.fr/h3m.htm coupes estates and vans 8) think theres some Reliant prototypes here but my french is not that good worth checking out any way http://carcatalog2.free.fr/hist8z.htm

excellent, note the mismatched (ford?) steelies on the website

Posted Image

Haha that's brilliant, all that stuff about being at the "leading edge" of EV design on their website and the odds are there's half a dozen cannibalised Fiestas parked outside their HQ.