Renner Eleven

Ratdat

I thought the Corgi Maestro was never fully released - like the Scalextric job. Must be worth a bit, now.

I've got a Corgi Maestro, though I suspect any value mine has has been severely depleted - the working lights are great, though. I hope mine still work!

I dug out my SuperKings Volvo. The box is a bit battered but the car is still mint. It's got a sprung front bumper and stickers are still intact too albiet one end of the sheet has become soaked in something it would appear...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to get a Renault 11 now!

heres a picture of wht I sold. Doh!

Posted Image

Was great but I owned it just as I was getting divorced and consequently had a shortage of time / money / enthusiasm. Ho Hum...

I tried to persuade my brother to buy one just like that sometime around 1990.

Instead, he bought a silver XR3i on a C reg. which disolved the first time it rained!

Quite a selection here!http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&catref=C12&from=R40&satitle=%22Renault+11%22&sacat=220%26catref%3DC6&a39=-24&a6=-24&a56=-24&a25260=-24&a10244=-24&alist=a39%2Ca6%2Ca25262%2Ca56%2Ca25260%2Ca10244%2Ca3801&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1380&pfid=3030&pf_query=%22Renault+11%22&floc=1&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=BN17+5QU&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2I have / had the R11 1/36 Corgi ones in cream & in blue. Plus the more recent rehash of the same casting produced as the one destroyed by Bond in View to a Kill. When I was a kid I had the 1/50 something Matchbox turbo in black. Not sure where it is now. The Majorette one is a new one on me, I've never seen it before despite being a big fan of old Majorettes!In the past couple of years I've bought several more R11 models all in 1/43 for my collection, including a silver TXE by Norev, & also the same casting subsequently in gold, dark green & blue. A white turbo by IXO & have also bought but not yet paid for, a 1/43 diorama / depiction of the James Bond R11 in it's 'split in half' state by Universal Hobbies which looks very detailed & authentic. Here's one here.....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMES-BOND-007-RENAULT-11-TAXI-BERSAGLIO-MOBILE_W0QQitemZ160236960340QQihZ006QQcategoryZ17938QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sound, this one's a phase 2 GTL though, I'd have thought that would be 1.4 minimum. Can't see the reg no in the photo well enough to wack it into DVLA to see what the cc is recorded as

Posted Image

On the Phase1 R9 at least the engine size was denoted by some of the letters. From memory C or maybe L was 1.1, TL was 1.4 with single choke carb, TS was 1.4 with twin choke, TX was 1.7 and TD was diesel.The base models had the engine letters alone, midrange had a G prefix (GTL, GTS etc) and top of the range had an E suffix (TLE, TSE etc). To confuse matters more the spec improved as the engines got bigger, a TSE had more toys than a TLE.

Must admit, I did feel a certain sadness when they got rid of the TL, TS, TXE etc designation and introduced RN, RT, RL etc on the Renault range.Yes, I know, that is a bit sad :roll:

And that made you sad??I was livid after the 1978 motorshow, when I discovered that they dared to mess around and introduce the new Renault 18 in GTL and GTS guises. What was the need for that?! It was dead simple, L, TL, TS and if you were rich enough to own a 16, TX. Little did I know that the R20 had already been available in France in GTL guise for just over a year.In more recent years, the reality has been "Authentique"-ly broken down, "Dynamique"-ly knackered and "Privilege" of sitting on leather seats, awaiting the AA. "Expression" being a term used by owners to describe their feelings towards their car :wink: :wink:Love 'em really.

hi richard (and all other renault fans )you missed out the LS designation you reminded me of the other day pretty sure i had a 1980/81 R14 LS (1360 5 speed, manual windows )at one time but then dementia is fast approaching as i get even older :D as for all the people that used to tell me they had an 18/20/21 TD with a turbocharger paul