XR3I

HillmanImp

I have just got quotes in for the insurance for the Scenic and its fuggin stupid. So its getting lobbed on e-bay and I am thinking I might get another classic to hoon around in for a bit to keep down the insurance costs.

Looking at some 205's, a Mk1 MR2 which are in my budget but last night I had a couple of beers and started looking at some slightly more expensive cars. Found this. Its well out of my price range, a bit chavvy, will probably be nicked within 5 minutes of owning it and is tainted with the faint smell of death (its for sale due to a berevement).

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/2626/2626256-1.jpg

I know the square route of fuck all about these. They seem to go for sod all at the mo (looking on completed listings on e-bay 1k is strong money for these, the chancers with the 3k dreams are all unsold) and I loved these as a kid. Does anyone know anything about them? I cant find a buyers guide for them so dont know what to look out for. How often does the cambelt need doing? I presume parts are plentiful and rust (and HGF?) will be the main problem.