Temp insurance to score a tax disc advice needed...

r.welfare

It's gotta go. The new 406, I mean. I'm getting it in the neck from everyone over it's arrival, apart from the mother-in-law (whose garage it's currently hiding in). Anyway, while I wait for the V5 to arrive, thoughts turn to the need to get a tax disc so I can legally get it back to base to give it a good service, a couple of laps of the Basingstoke Bypass in 2nd gear (which will hopefully cure it of smoking badly), two new tyres and then a new MOT, so I can bung it in the Trader. It's not worth the risk of trying all this without it being taxed, given the proliferation of ANPRs.What I ideally want to do is just cover it for a month (max.) - I've thought of using tempcover.com (who I usually use for my "driveaway" cover) but have never tried using the cert at the local Post Office, even though they say it's possible (i.e., will they throw me out trying to score a 6-month disc with a 1 month cover note)...Anybody managed it, or is there another, easier route - e.g. speak to current insurers to get something sorted, or start a new policy on a monthly DD, then cancel it after the first payment? Your thoughts please!