Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ashes To Ashes Preview Pics

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

I wonder where they got the plates made up, they look much more authentic than the post-2001 font efforts they had on last time

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

I asked Framptons if he was able to knock up a set of the old wide font acrylic plates and he said he could. Which was nice.

#33 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

I'm not too keen on the Frampton fonts, they don't look very genuine.The ones on the Ashes to Ashes Audi remind me of raised letter plates - I've seen plates on some Rovers and Peugeots up to about the mid-'90s with a simlar fontGod, I should get out more. :oops:

#34 OFFLINE   Richard

Richard

• Full Members
  • 11,597 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

I've been trying for years to get pre-2001 plates so my car doesn't look like a ringer and I've concluded it can't be done. I've even had plate dealers denying such a thing ever existed.

#35 ONLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

I got spoken to as if I had some kind of mental deficiency when I asked for pre-2001 style plates at one major supplier up here.Even on a relatively modern car like my 405, the post-2001 plate on the front just looks wrong to my obsessive eyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users