RENAULT COLLECTION FOR SALE--MAYBE NOT

RENOMAD

Many people have contacted me over the last couple of days complementing my collection of Renaults----and telling me that I am mad to dipose of such a unique collection. I have made a decision and here is both the outcome and hopefully a result!The main lesson that I have learned is that you buy the cars that you are interested in---not what people tell you ,that you should.I bought a 16, because everybody in Renault Circles said it was the one to have.I have decided that I shall keep the rest and just sell the 16. It is older than me and I havn't bonded(if that makes sence)with it. The other cars are of my time. I had FUEGOS when I was 20. I grew up in the back of an 18.The 15 I just fell for the minute I saw it!!!!There is no doubt that the 16 is a fabulous car,,and if you are as passionate about Renaults(or and other car for that mater)as I am,I think that over a period of time you do bond with a car. My biggest problem is a problem that when you have a collection of cars, which one do you bring out?The more you drive a particular car,the more you appreciate it.I bought the 15 about 3 years ago from Mr.Renault 18 . I went over ,got into a 26 year old Renault and drove it all the way HOME WITHOUT A HITCH--IN THE DARK...Now that is how to bond with a Classic car. How I even contemplated selling this car over the last week is beyond me. The Fuego I just love the look of. The 18 I also bought a couple of weeks ago from Richard that I bought the 15 from. I drove it to work all this week. Its perfect--and fast. The 16 is so good that half the time I am afraid to bring it out,for fear it will get wet---That is not how to enjoy a car.My my mind is made up-----Bye Bye 16 ,HOPEFULLY,at a show this weekend.And sure if it doesn't sell------------Its still one hell of a classic!!!