Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Oh for feck's sake...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Just when I've splurged on the Saviem and the LD (oh, and the Trooper I bought last week), I receive a second chance offer on this.

Posted Image

:roll:

Can anyone lend me some money? Oh, and a barn?

#2 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Blimey, thats cool...You are an addict however Mr W. When will it stop :lol:

#3 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

I think you have a severe case of OBD!(obsessive bidding disorder)The only cure is to throw your mouse & keyboard out of the window :wink:

#4 OFFLINE   reallyloud

reallyloud

• Full Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThe Jasmin Allen estate

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

Hmmmm. I think its going to have to be a loan off a mate or a credit card job. Can't let this one slip - not in that colour. A truly fantastic car - whats the engine like? Whats it like structurally?

#5 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

Engine is an unknown quantity as not bee run for some time, but I'm expecting that it would have issues as it's a V4 and they don't take too kindly to long periods of standing around. Structurally it's going to need a few bits of welding but by the standards of 36-year-old Lancias it's not too bad at all. It's a one-owner-from-new car so probably been well looked after.

#6 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,179 posts
  • LocationThe DMDC 'Finds' Table

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Engine is an unknown quantity as not been run for some time, but I'm expecting that it would have issues as it's a V4 and they don't take too kindly to long periods of standing around

Yeah, but look at those two lovely big shelves at the sides to lay out yer spanners. :D

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   r.welfare

r.welfare

Lee 'Scratch' Perry

• Full Members
  • 3,988 posts
  • LocationUP YOURS DELORS

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:28 AM

Wonderful. Where will they all live when you move, though...you've got to keep lovely motors like these away from the sticky-fingered populace really.

2003 Renault Espace IV 2.0 petrol - living up to its reputation...

#8 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,435 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

Its a beautiful thing OK, I bet its the sort of car where once youve clocked up a few hours behind the wheel, you'd want to drive nothing else.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#9 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

Marvellous -I rate these highly. Here's minehttp://i204.photobuc..._motors_001.jpgMelted- in my big barn fire! Only been driven in there 2 days previous. Gotta do it mate- sell the granny into slavery or something!
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#10 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

Didn't realise wuvvum had a Granada! :o

#11 OFFLINE   michiel

michiel

Must try harder

• Full Members
  • 4,112 posts
  • LocationLes Pays Bah

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

Gorgeous little bricks - I've been ogling a few over here, usually more money than I have though and it would/might have to act as a 'daily driver' (or second bedroom for me), living on the street. Don't think it would like that.

#12 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

These are all valid points, but is it still worth £410 if the engine's Donald Ducked? As it might well be having sat since 1982. I can't see decent used Lancia V4s being particularly easy to come by. Decisions, decisions...

#13 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,435 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

Is the engine goosed?I bet a pound it will come to life without too much pain, if it had been stored somewhere damp the body would have dissolved years ago. It might be sticky but a bit of diesel wanged down the bores and some turning over with a spanner, I bet you'll get a result. Carbs might need some TLC though, I can see them leaking like sieves when some fresh pez reaches their dried-out seals + gaskets.TBH it still is a little more than i'd like to pay.... but then I would probably save £50 by buying one in France then spending £300 picking the damn thing up.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#14 OFFLINE   michiel

michiel

Must try harder

• Full Members
  • 4,112 posts
  • LocationLes Pays Bah

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'm secretly looking at this one from 1968 even though I shouldn't... bids from 1500 euro. But then I would have to store it far far from home etc. Grrr.

#15 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

I'm bang in there with Mr B. Car looks too good to have been stored badly -so unless it went in seized or overheated etc -I'd expect it to free off OK. Carbs though will be a royal pain in the butt -difficult when used and in fine fettle. But the club is full of helpful types.....
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users