Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What do we think of....

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Z1s are the original BMW Z car roadster - the rarest & most expensive too (barring the Z8 ) if you think, they're 17 or 18 years old now. Last one I saw was a G reg one in Brighton a couple of years ago. PC rates a top condition one as £16k of car.Mind you a top condition M1 will set you back £45k, by far the most expensive 'classic' Beemer. Even a poor condition one is £25k from memory. :shock:

#32 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,444 posts
  • Location1985

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

Nicked from Sniff Petrol:

Posted Image

Give me an E28 M5 anyday 8)
I dont no wot there worth tbh mate only wont it for pre 68 obvserly lol hav u got any pics plz mate

#33 OFFLINE   mk2_craig

mk2_craig

• Full Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • LocationIT'S CLEAN THE PLATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED THAT'LL BE $7438.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

Posted Image

1984 Ford Fiesta XR2 - Devaluing the neighbourhood since 2008

Nottinghamshite
Channel Island Cack
Everywhere Else

#34 OFFLINE   pandamonium

pandamonium

• Full Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationTraveling in space and time.

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

PMSL. Difference is, I'd buy the Hyundai!

2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 S A/C 5dr - Boring company car

1988 Austin Metro 1275 Auto - Vanden Plas!

1987 Lada 1200s

#35 OFFLINE   wilko

wilko

• Full Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:18 PM

Theres a 1980 2-door Beemer 320 on the autotrader website now for less that the cost of metallic paint on that horrendous junior exec w**k fantasy!

"74k Miles, 11 months MOT, 5 months Tax, old MOTs available, low miles, very clean interior, unfinished project, original tool kit, reluctant sale. £500. ono."

It looks pretty nice - I wonder how "unfinished" a project it is with almost a full ticket?

#36 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:46 PM

Before the b******s made me redundant they gave me a 318 diseasal for about 6 weeks. Nasty plasticky thing, and a far cry from "the ultimate driving machine" I was expecting it to be. Wish it'd been a 2002 ...

#37 OFFLINE   r.welfare

r.welfare

Lee 'Scratch' Perry

• Full Members
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationUP YOURS DELORS

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:48 PM

Theres a 1980 2-door Beemer 320 on the autotrader website now for less that the cost of metallic paint on that horrendous junior exec w**k fantasy!

"74k Miles, 11 months MOT, 5 months Tax, old MOTs available, low miles, very clean interior, unfinished project, original tool kit, reluctant sale. £500. ono."

It looks pretty nice - I wonder how "unfinished" a project it is with almost a full ticket?

As long as it's not horrendously rotten, has a manual 'box, and the seats aren't worn (he does say "very clean interior") then that, my friend, is a bally bargain.

2003 Renault Espace IV 2.0 petrol - living up to its reputation...

#38 OFFLINE   docker

docker

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 17 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

i'll still have an 02 - or a 3.0 CSi or a E21 323i.or a 507 of course - just to look at all day!

#39 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

The only modern bimmer I really like is this..

Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   reallyloud

reallyloud

• Full Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThe Jasmin Allen estate

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

That 1 series coupe is badly proportioned, the designers have tried to put too much into into it - that centre sill crease that the 1 series has looks like a bad accident repair. Horrid. And it doesn't have the wheelbase and overhang to look like a graceful coupe - the current 3-series coupes are at least reasonably graceful looking motors, despite being driven by some pretty insipid owners. I'd take a E30 with a 6 pot any day.

#41 OFFLINE   ayd

ayd

• Full Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

I think it's brave but not for me....too overdone for my liking but there'll be thousands that will disagree....

#42 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

As long as it's not horrendously rotten, has a manual 'box, and the seats aren't worn (he does say "very clean interior") then that, my friend, is a bally bargain.

Good I suppose... but a 320i is always close to the bottom of the pile.
You don't get the performance of the 2.5, but you don't get the frugality of the 4-potters either. Still, they do sound nice. Hunt and you can find good ones for less than that though.
My brother's current one (318i) cost just £215, OK so it has some miles on it but it came minty fresh, and he's not had to do a thing to it in nearly 2 years of daily motoring. Value.

#43 OFFLINE   wilko

wilko

• Full Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

Good I suppose... but a 320i is always close to the bottom of the pile.
You don't get the performance of the 2.5, but you don't get the frugality of the 4-potters either. Still, they do sound nice. Hunt and you can find good ones for less than that though.
My brother's current one (318i) cost just £215, OK so it has some miles on it but it came minty fresh, and he's not had to do a thing to it in nearly 2 years of daily motoring. Value.

Have a look at the silver A-plate 528i slushmatic on the trader now - smidge under £700 and not bad mileage for a big bruiser - if it was £495 instead I'd be sorely tempted!

#44 OFFLINE   bassman77

bassman77

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSt Austell, Cornwall

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

Nicked from Sniff Petrol:

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/wp-content/up...

Give me an E28 M5 anyday 8)

Do you know from that angle it looks so out of proportion........SHITE !

#45 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,509 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

Unbelievably, I like it! Soz all.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"