Peugeot 504 Family - anybody looking for one?

mouseflakes

I've just had a quick snoop around a 1978 504 Family down here in The West. MOT'd until August, a bit 'knocked about', 91,000 miles. Hand painted (!) and owned by a lovely old chap and his Missus (real Sid 'n' Doris couple).PM me for more details.Tim.

Interesting, I suppose at that mark-up it's perhaps more likely to stay in the country than be on a boat bound for Gabon. :? I quite fancied the idea of this. But I rather feared that the 'option' of 7 seats would be seen by dearly belov'd as a clear signal that they should all be filled with more & multifarious Poglets, and I just don't think my fragile sanity could cope with that.

I reckon thats still pretty likely to end up on the boat TBH, all the 505's which have appeared on the bay in the last 6-8 weeks have been bought up by people with bizarre usernames and loads of other 505's and Merc W123's in their feedback, £900-1000 is seemingly still economically viable for those boys.

Pug 504's, Merc W123's and lots of Japanese cars have LEGENDARY reliability, plus are relatively simple to fix if they do go wrong. Basically the market for stuff like this in africa and certain parts of the middle east is huge, even if the bodywork has suffered in UK climates it doesn't matter when it reaches downtown Nairobi for some sun sun sun and twenty years of minicab action.This was the fate of my old Carina, which would never have scraped another MoT here due to corrosion but was hustled off to west Africa where I'm sure it's still alive and well.

This was the fate of my old Carina, which would never have scraped another MoT here due to corrosion but was hustled off to west Africa where I'm sure it's still alive and well.

In that case should we be fearful of losing our cars to these people or patting them on the back for keeping them alive? I suppose it depends whether they've been bought from you or swiped!