Do any of the forum's REGULAR contributors want....

Baz

Posted Image

....My trusty R11?

Impending new arrival (and housemove....again :cry: ) mean that the Eleven is surplus to requirements, and will shortly be in the way....Was just wondering if any of you chaps would like it? I don't want anything for it, I just want it to go to someone who'll run it at least as far as it's next M.O.T. in September, and maybe beyond if it passes!

I have a work colleague who would take it I'm sure, but he's the kinda muppet who's first question upon being offered a free car would be: "What sorta service history has it got?", i.e. a total prick! My only concern at the moment is to ensure it doesn't get scrapped, or end up in the hands of an idiot expecting 12 months unlimited mileage warranty! :roll:

As I say, the car is tested until september, but I currently don't have it insured or taxed, so any new custodian would have to arrange collection.

The photo's flatter the car slightly, but there's no major rust that I can see....It always starts, although there is a "knack" and it has never let me down....It's slightly rickety, and certainly doesn't drive anywhere near as nicely as the R9, and there's a "knock" when the weight transfers from left to right during a roundabout (I thought it was the steering rack end bush, but it evidently isn't serious enough to fail an M.O.T), but it starts, stops, and drives....In fact a good service and the renewal of a few breather pipes/hoses would probably improve it no end!

Oh, and the tyres and driveshafts are new! :D

I love the car, but I can't just keep everything, so it has to go....The offer is open to established contributors to the forum only (or friends thereof) and is on a first come, first served basis, via P.M....If you're the first to P.M. me you get first refusal, and so on!

Please, somebody give my baby a good home? :)

Three P.M's received already, so chances are it's been snapped up....Thanks, all, for the interest! :wink:

Oh dear, I've missed the boat :lol: Thats a very generous offer there Baz, and I'm sure any one of our regular colleagues on here will give it a good home :D
Missed the boat here too, but maybe its going to become the new school bike.. :wink:

Well, lets just say that the car isn't going very far....And it's going to someone with quite a fast "fleet turnaround" (three guesses? :roll: ), so I'd imagine that there's every chance that the rickety (yet strangely charming) old Renner 11 will come up for grabs at some stage! :wink:

Yup. One very happy customer here. :D It does drive well for a 25-year-old car, doesn't it? Very similar to the 9 Broadway I had a few months back, but somehow "tighter" - probably beacuse it's done fewer miles. I'm going to enjoy trundling around in it for the next few months. And like I said, when it does come up for rehoming, I'll advertise it on here first. :wink: Cheers Baz.

Have you still got the Turbo?

Yes and no. A mate of mine has it now and has nearly finished doing the MoT work (I think it only needs a number plate light now) but he hasn't paid me for it yet so technically it's still mine. So I own five old Renners at the moment, soon to be six with the Saviem.