Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do any of the forum's REGULAR contributors want....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationThe edge of The Broads....Norfolk.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

....My trusty R11?

Impending new arrival (and housemove....again :cry: ) mean that the Eleven is surplus to requirements, and will shortly be in the way....Was just wondering if any of you chaps would like it? I don't want anything for it, I just want it to go to someone who'll run it at least as far as it's next M.O.T. in September, and maybe beyond if it passes!

I have a work colleague who would take it I'm sure, but he's the kinda muppet who's first question upon being offered a free car would be: "What sorta service history has it got?", i.e. a total prick! My only concern at the moment is to ensure it doesn't get scrapped, or end up in the hands of an idiot expecting 12 months unlimited mileage warranty! :roll:

As I say, the car is tested until september, but I currently don't have it insured or taxed, so any new custodian would have to arrange collection.

The photo's flatter the car slightly, but there's no major rust that I can see....It always starts, although there is a "knack" and it has never let me down....It's slightly rickety, and certainly doesn't drive anywhere near as nicely as the R9, and there's a "knock" when the weight transfers from left to right during a roundabout (I thought it was the steering rack end bush, but it evidently isn't serious enough to fail an M.O.T), but it starts, stops, and drives....In fact a good service and the renewal of a few breather pipes/hoses would probably improve it no end!

Oh, and the tyres and driveshafts are new! :D

I love the car, but I can't just keep everything, so it has to go....The offer is open to established contributors to the forum only (or friends thereof) and is on a first come, first served basis, via P.M....If you're the first to P.M. me you get first refusal, and so on!

Please, somebody give my baby a good home? :)
2005 Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Executive Tourer....Not Shite, but splendid nonetheless!
2006 Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRTD CDX 3-Door....More fun than you'd think!

#2 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Three P.M's received already, so chances are it's been snapped up....Thanks, all, for the interest! :wink:
2005 Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Executive Tourer....Not Shite, but splendid nonetheless!

#3 OFFLINE   bigstraight6

bigstraight6

• Full Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

Three P.M's received already, so chances are it's been snapped up....Thanks, all, for the interest! :wink:

Oh dear, I've missed the boat :lol: Thats a very generous offer there Baz, and I'm sure any one of our regular colleagues on here will give it a good home :D
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Oh dear, I've missed the boat :lol: Thats a very generous offer there Baz, and I'm sure any one of our regular colleagues on here will give it a good home :D

Missed the boat here too, but maybe its going to become the new school bike.. :wink:

#5 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Naturally I've be there eagerly waiting if no one else comes through, I miss my 11, I'm still crying about Wuvvums 245, c*nts...

#6 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:41 AM

Well, lets just say that the car isn't going very far....And it's going to someone with quite a fast "fleet turnaround" (three guesses? :roll: ), so I'd imagine that there's every chance that the rickety (yet strangely charming) old Renner 11 will come up for grabs at some stage! :wink:

#7 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

It's gone :cry: But to a good home, which is the main thing! :D

#8 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

Yup. One very happy customer here. :D It does drive well for a 25-year-old car, doesn't it? Very similar to the 9 Broadway I had a few months back, but somehow "tighter" - probably beacuse it's done fewer miles. I'm going to enjoy trundling around in it for the next few months. And like I said, when it does come up for rehoming, I'll advertise it on here first. :wink: Cheers Baz.

#9 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:48 PM

You're very welcome! :wink: I'll remove it from my signature A.S.A.P....Can't be arsed just at the moment though! :)

#10 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Very similar to the 9 Broadway I had a few months back

Have you still got the Turbo?

#11 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Have you still got the Turbo?

Yes and no. A mate of mine has it now and has nearly finished doing the MoT work (I think it only needs a number plate light now) but he hasn't paid me for it yet so technically it's still mine. So I own five old Renners at the moment, soon to be six with the Saviem.

#12 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,438 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

Still got a way to go on the Renault stakes though Wuvvum! 10 -at the last count.Up for the challenge?
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#13 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Do you have to own them all at once or just had to 'have owned them' because Wuvs doesn't hold onto them long enough to accumulate them! :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users