Can any of the forum's Renner fans help?

Baz

My '86 R9 Broadway, is a good, tidy, car....Passed it's M.O.T a couple of weeks ago with flying colours....I want to give it to my stepson as his first car, but currently it refuses to run properly....It's okay....I could put up with it, but I want it right for my stepson.

I'm looking for an inlet manifold for it....It's a 1.4 with the TWIN CHOKE CARB, therefore it's different to the one on my R11, which only uses a single barrel carb....Am I right in thinking that the inlet/exhaust manifolds are combined on these?

Do any of you chaps happen to have what I'm looking for? Maybe you know someone who might? Or maybe you can suggest where I might try?

Thanks. :)

Baz - I might have what you need. I'm sure I still have the carb and manifold from the 1400 engine I put in the R10. Used to run okay in that car, so hopefully it'll do. Of course, I'm in Bristol, which is not great. See if we can sort out a way to check the part against what you need - just hoping I still have it as I have been clearing stuff out recently.

Fingers crossed - I'll check I still have it ASAP (hopefully tonight).

hi baz

try this

on the inlet manifold below carb is small pipe 8mm int dia goes up to t piece on breather system/ rocker cover there is or was supposed to be a calibrated restrictor valve in pipe

temporarily block pipe with 13 mm head bolt to stop air being sucked into manifold

now try and readjust carb

had this exact prob on trafic 3 days ago MOT man said needs new carb mate

alternatively servo hoses go hard and may be cracked leaking air

or second barrell of carb is semi siezed and not shutting fully

has it ever stuck on high revs ?

have got watever you may need including whole 11 broadway £120 T and T noisy d shaft with shaft if you want it

this one hiding behind espace more pics to follow as going to post my fleet soon

Posted Image

I still have the manifold - not the carb though. Was the twin choke.Manifold is in two parts but they are bolted together - inlet is alloy, exhaust iron. Sound right Baz?

I'll phone my man in the morning, and describe it to him....I'll get back to you....Thanks Mr.Flakes! :wink: Thanks for all the suggestions mr-reno....My man is pretty good....Has been fixing Renaults for years, so I trust his diagnosis. If however the eventual fitment of a manifold fails to cure the problem, I'll put your suggestions to him!Likewise if Mouseflakes' manifold turns out to be unsuitable, I'll be in touch....Thanks very much.... :wink:

hi mouse flakes if the manifold was for a mk2 5 it will fit as port spacings are same as r9 11 but was not acommon engine to put in a 10 1400 18 tl / 343 volvo has different ports but is the same as 8 10 12 mk1 5 6 etc ps found a R30 towbar tidying up has yours got one ?to baz if you actually need manifold,( i have only ever had ex flange probs) is your carb held on with 11mm nuts or later allan key will def have later one as is same as mk2 5 auto /tse /gtswhich may me available local to you cheers paul

hi mouse flakes if the manifold was for a mk2 5 it will fit as port spacings are same as r9 11 but was not acommon engine to put in a 10 1400 18 tl / 343 volvo has different ports but is the same as 8 10 12 mk1 5 6 etc ps found a R30 towbar tidying up has yours got one ?to baz if you actually need manifold,( i have only ever had ex flange probs) is your carb held on with 11mm nuts or later allan key will def have later one as is same as mk2 5 auto /tse /gtswhich may me available local to you cheers paul

Hi Paul,Sorry - I didn't give the full background - I put a 1400 engine from an 11 in the back of my old R10. I found it a good lump for the 10 - though gearing needed to be higher and I really missed the perfect autochoke that the old 1100 came with.So the manifold I have is from the R11 1397cc engine - it was fitted with a twin choke carb (donor was an auto). Carb was attached with the allen key type bolts yu describe - so a later one I guess. Carb is gone I'm afraid. If it suits and nothing's found more local to Baz then he's welcome to it.R30 towbar - I have one fitted, but a spare might be useful. My car may be passing your way soon, so I'll keep in touch. Cheers.Tim.

Hey chaps....Bad night at work....Only just got up and phoned him....It's the later type, with allen screws holding the carbertooter on....Maybe you could P.M. me so we can discuss terms?Oh well....Back to work! :(