Wow! Just f***ing WOW!!!

Mash

An amazing link. Hows your Danish? any idea whats going on here?

It's in German. Seems to have been open between 1973 and '81 when Sorensen ceased trading (died?), but his son only just got round to going in there. The Fiats really are €250 (=£200) each, but as you can see, the Danish & German shitehawks are busy picking the place clean! It says things like 'A Paradise of Old Cars' and 'The Forgotten Showroom'. It's in Kolding, in the very middle of Denmark (on the peninsular bit which makes it horribly easy for Germans to drive over; not on one of the islands, like Copenhagen which is to the east and much closer to Sweden).

Just been having another drool over these photos, I keep seeing more mouthwatering stuff in the background, like a quite early looking Fiat 131 in orange. Wonder if there were any Ritmos? You can choose whatever colour of 127 you want. But how fantastic would it be to set up a little timewarp Fiat showroom circa 1976 where you could display memorabilia and have car meets like the Ace Cafe or something? *sigh*Seems there were around 200 cars. Even at an average of a couple of grand each I don't think they are dear for what you are getting. The text indicates that in some EU countries the buyers may not be able to register them for road use because they will be declared new but won't pass emiissions regs. Does that apply in the UK? I don't think it does myself :? I'm still reeling from it all. I'll have to have a lie down! :lol:

The text indicates that in some EU countries the buyers may not be able to register them for road use because they will be declared new but won't pass emiissions regs. Does that apply in the UK? I don't think it does myself

Wow indeed!I think you're right, so long as someone can verify the build date. This is effectively what I do when a kit car builder uses an old Datsun engine in their Beauford or Marlin - if I can prove that it's 1978 or whatever then the emissions from that time are applicable.

I think I'm right in saying that the last Maestro off the line (as distinct from the later CKD stuff) was unregistered until Gaydon auctioned it off a year or two ago, it then appeared on the Bay with an M prefix reg with a BIN of 4k or something.Superb Fiat timewarp stuff; hopefully someone'll track down a hoard of brand new 1970s Renners somewhere!

Now I havent posted for a while, but this is something else ! :P Cant believe it was just locked up for years, perhaps there is a secret Ford dealership somewhere in this country, with loads of mint Eccy Mk1 etc .......... Yeah right :lol: