• Citroen CX
    • Citroen XM
    • Peugeot 505
    • Peugeot 604
    • Renault 20/30
    • Renault 25
    • Talbot Tagora
    • Simca 1610/Chrysler 180/2 Litre

Hi all....In previous discssions I think we have established that our friends across the channel are the Shitemasters....And I think we can pretty-much all agree that the "Golden Era" of Shite-dom spans much of the '70s & '80s?

So it follows logically then that the models that were sitting proudly as the flagships of the Shitemasters' ranges, during the Golden Age of Shite, should be regarded as the pinnacle....The ULTIMATE Shite if You like?

Here they all are....Tell us all which YOU would choose..... :D

Posted Image

1, Citroen CX....So nearly perfect ....Just wish Citroen had found it within their hearts/capabilities/bank balance to produce a CX with a silky-smooth V6 instead of the ancient fours they used :(

Posted Image

2, Citroen XM....Lost a lot of the beauty of the CX, but gained the V6 engine....Seems to have quite a few fans on here?

Posted Image

3, Peugeot 505....Rare and lovely in V6 form :)

Posted Image

4, Peugeot 604....I've heard someone describe it as "bland"....Subtle and elegant in my opinion :)

Posted Image

5, Renault 20/30....Doesn't really excell in any one area I think, but overall just a lovely car....Rare and attractive.

Posted Image

6, Renault 25....Another with quite a few fans on this forum....I have good memories of a dark blue V6 Turbo....Helluva car :)

Posted Image

7, Talbot Tagora....What can I say about it that hasn't already been said? :D

Posted Image

8, Simca 1610/Chrysler 180/2 Litre....Bit of a wild card, but it's big & it's French!

Place Your votes NOW! :D

AAAARGH!A nigh-on impossible task. Each has their own 'merit'....CX & XM scoring high on wierd floatyness factor,Renner is way up there for large engine / family size fwd car torque-steer daftness..505 is a bit o the 'minicab' side for my tastes... maybe a bit dowdy to look at. The gti is a h00t though...For sheer ultimate-tat obscurity it has to be the 180 / tagora... how the company could build a flawed, pointless and ugly big car not once but TWICE is outstanding.Although, in the end I plumpd for the ultimate luxury of the 604. It's all about the understated style & proper levels of luxury. One in a sombre colour teamed up with dark glasses & a look of menace... proper hard! And I do so love 'baddies' cars. :)

My vote is clearly a no-brainer!! I just love the 25 so much, it's gonna get my vote for sure. Having said that, I do love the Citroens for their individual styling, and the 605 has a lot going for it. Love those 20/30 Renaults too, and by virtue of their age/scarcity they may be more worthy of the crown than the 25.

My vote is clearly a no-brainer!! I just love the 25 so much, it's gonna get my vote for sure.

Gonna have to agree.......Neck and neck on the poll between the 25 and the CX at the mo - after all of 5 votes...Used to have a V6 24v 605 - cost me next to nothing to buy, but 18mpg average wasn't ideal for a 50 mile a day commute......

After one day, and eight votes, the CX leads with 50% of the vote....I'm a little surprised by that....Delighted also, as it's my choice (I've had two....a 20RE and a GTi) :D

i came to think of the 264, must be worthy thees topic !? 8)

I love Volvos....I drive one myself....And the 6-cylinder 200 series is a great car....

Posted Image

....With the 262c being particularly elegant to my eyes....

Posted Image

....But they are distinctly "UnFrench" I'm afraid, and that's why I didn't include them in my poll....Had I decided upon a favourite EUROPEAN Luxo-Barges poll, then they'd have been right up there....Along with Volvo 7-Series, Alfa 6, Fiat Argenta, Lancia Gamma, Vauxhall Royale/Opel Senator, all manner of BMWs, Audis, and Mercedes, and even stuff from BL and Ford! :shock:

If I took it a stage further, and included Shite from Japan aswell, the list would have been almost endless!

No, on this occasion it's just France....Shite capital of the world! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised the Maccy D's carpark racers never really picked up on old citroens over here - surely the stance is ideal when you park up outside the drive-thru/under-18s disco/local 6th-form and the suspension settles down to it's lowest height............ :roll:

I once bought an XM out of the scrappy's for £55..stuck it in for an MOT and it failed.....on a handbrake cable. Fixed that and smoked around in it for a few months then stuck it on Ebay.It sold for £670,and a year later I got an email from the buyer saying it had been 100% reliable and it was the best car he'd ever had! I love 'em!

• 7 years later...

I once bought an XM out of the scrappy's for £55..stuck it in for an MOT and it failed.....on a handbrake cable. Fixed that and smoked around in it for a few months then stuck it on Ebay.It sold for £670,and a year later I got an email from the buyer saying it had been 100% reliable and it was the best car he'd ever had! I love 'em!

What was the reg number? I wonder if it's still going...