The bubble car museum...

wuvvum

Nice work Ed!I don't think any of those dates cross over with any shows I know of, I'd be happy to do a weekend. Might be interested in the B&B.

OK, we reckon we could do all except the first May one but would need the Friday night too (though we realise we'd probably be on our own...). Would also need an electric hook up. Excellent work sorting this Ratdat :D

Most dates OK for me. July prob favourite- from a weather & camping perspective?Put me down for B&B -the revelations that SWMBO will undoubtedly hear will need a private room to 'sort'each night!Perhaps once sorted we could increase numbers by 'inviting' like minded forums?(wash out your mouth with soap!)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I have got weekend of the 31st May and 1st June booked. It costs a fiver for camping. We can have someone come in to do a good BBQ at a fiver a head which would save people having to sort food. They are happy to organise a cruise and day trip out somewhere for us too. There's some cool stuff locally like the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Center (Lancasters, Spitfires etc etc not commercial stuff) which they have assured me is amazing and well worth it. They can get us in there at half price pretty much too. The place even has a team that go around digging up crashed WW2 planes which they haul back there. Doing that would cost about £4 a head.My thinking on this weekend might be to organise it for both Autoshite and OJC, OJC on the Saturday and AS on the Sunday then people with an interest in both can stay the whole weekend plus it might mean different cars on both days. Feedback please! Hirst, what says ye to doing OJC on the Saturday?If we can get 25 people min then we can get a big marquee for the weekend for an extra £3 a head which would be good insurance against rain. Anyone wanting B&B let me know ASAP and I'll give you a number to call to book it.-Ed

That's a cracking idea, Ed! I'd be delighted, provided no one really objects to it. Sure we could encourage a few people to turn up!I particularly like the sound of the barbeque - old Japanese cars and barbequed food are the ultimate winning combination for me.

Sounds like a good plan! Have primed Mrs SL on this one and it’s conveniently after the busy Bank Holiday weekend, could be a goer for us too. Doubt I’ll bring the Laurel as its belts don’t appear to be child-seat friendly so we’ll come in the Camry which seems a good compromise.

Is your new place far from the museum, SL? Could always give you a lift in my minicab to retrieve the Laurel - I want to admire the interior!

Is your new place far from the museum, SL? Could always give you a lift in my minicab to retrieve the Laurel - I want to admire the interior!

Is it far? Yes! Norfolk and Lincs are big counties…We’ll probably travel in convoy to the odd local show, but taking two cars that far with current fuel prices would not be good.Hopefully you’ll see it in the summer. Camry probably a better bet though for camping, we haven’t yet mastered travelling light when all four of us go.

Yeah, definately too far to Nigels and back I would say! I'm going to relay a few of my cars down there as it's only about 45 miles for me.

As for the event, I thought it best to offer it up on here before OJC as there's probably less people on here. If you want to attend let me know asap, including wether you are in for a day, or two and wether you're camping etc. Camping on the Friday should be okay too. Numbers will be limited as the place isn't really huge. For those unfamiliar with the place here's what it's like...

The is the entrance with a small car park. Museum building on the right. This is the only way in...

Posted Image

This is the show field as viewed from the opposite end to the entrance...

Posted Image

This is the camping field which is next door. A very small bit of woodland seperates the two. This field is like a bowling green...

Posted Image

The bus is a cafe. We might be able to have breakfast in there in the morning...

Posted Image

There are toilets and shower facilities plus water and mains power...

Posted Image

In the museum expect to see lots of things like this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's also lots of unrestored odd things lying around the place too. here' the place from the air. Entrance is bottom right, camping field on the left. the road is the A17 and it's near Cranwell in Lincolnshire...

Posted Image