The bubble car museum...

wuvvum

That's the one that S.L. and myself stopped off at last year when we collected my R9....It's brill, and an ideal site for car-related events of all kinds....Shite included! 8) Put me down for fifty quid! :lol:

It's only on the market because the local authority are being arses and won't let him expand the place. They aren't actively looking to sell it and shut up shop as such. I would think the idea is that if it does find a buyer at that price it would pay for a better location for the museum.

Do you want it to be a two day thing with camping overnight or just a day? I can pop down there and arrange it as the place isn't all that far from me. I know they have dates available in June but not sure when else.

That's the plan. I'll find out what Sundays are free tomorrow. I have to go to Lincoln tomorrow so i'll pop in and have a chat with him. If anyone has a long way to travel and wanted to come the night before then you're welcome to pitch a tent at my place. Lots and lots of room. There's also a two berth caravan here available.

Right, here's the available dates...17th & 18th May31st May & 1st June7th & 8th June19th & 20th July26th & 27th JulyIf we do a weekend and people want to camp there, it's £5 a night (£7 for a caravan with mains) or they have their own B&B at £40 a room. We can get someone in to do a BBQ which provides a goodly amount of food so I'm told. That's a fiver a head. They have facility to do breakfasts (in a doble decker bus!) and of course there is also entry to the museum which is a tiny amount ..50p or a quid or something..can't remember. Oh yeah, and if it's a weekend thing we can also have hire of a large marquee in case of bad weather. So then, who wants to do what and when? Be good to be able to get back to them ASAP to book a date...preferably by the end of the week at the latest.

Right, here's the available dates...17th & 18th May31st May & 1st June7th & 8th June19th & 20th JulySo then, who wants to do what and when? Be good to be able to get back to them ASAP to book a date...preferably by the end of the week at the latest.

Great. First look shows we're free for most of those but will confirm with the other half later. Any idea if we could camp from the Friday?