Good Evening Gentlemen (and Ladies???)

Torsten2001

I hope you are all doing well, I've not been far away just a bit overwhelmed with my 1000th post! News is I was a bit down following a break in at my Ghetto storage place where they hot wired my Lada Niva and rammed as much as they could including my XJ6, the Niva is still lodged in the wall and I think I can proudly say that the wall has come off worse! Anyway, missed you all, glad to be back and here's my new haul over the last couple of weeks, missing a few as I've not photographed them yet! Enjoy!

Swapped the Domino for this, a 2300, really nice car!

Posted Image

A splendid 380SE V8 which I'm trying to flog before it cripples me

Posted Image

Now in Le collection de Wuvvum, hopefully I'm getting his 245 in exchange

Posted Image

A Suzuki GS500 zzzzzzz

Posted Image

A marvellous low mileage 244DL, proper nice

Posted Image

A Natsun Primera, actually not bad, quite an enjoyable car really!

Posted Image

Gorgeous 240GL Auto

Posted Image

Hey Mister Bo**ox, it's about time you found a more distasteful signature pic. I've been trying to decipher it for yonks but the best I've come up with is "OFFICIAL WOMEN'S INSTITUTE TINT MY SAXO"

Some kekkers broke into my garage the other day. They tried to nick my old (and completely knackered with various parts missing) mig welder and nick off in fatha_Bo11ox's Lancia. But, despite havign lights, electric and a full set of tools at their disposal, the hi-tech steering lock on it defeated em and they must have got disturbed because absolutely nothing was taken - even though all my garage gear, socket sets etc was spread about everywhere. That will teach me for having a cheapy chinese padlock, got a big punk a$$ one now like.Now we need a new steering column for the Beta though.

Posted Image

I just really like the setting as well - "CIVILISED CAR" indeed! Those late steel wheel trims are THE SHIZZ.

If I did have it I promise not to send it to the breakers after getting exasperated with it, like I did with Ian's 820 (bloody M16 gearboxes, grr).

Guest greenvanman

Some kekkers broke into my garage the other day. They tried to nick my old (and completely knackered with various parts missing) mig welder and nick off in fatha_Bo11ox's Lancia. But, despite havign lights, electric and a full set of tools at their disposal, the hi-tech steering lock on it defeated em and they must have got disturbed because absolutely nothing was taken - even though all my garage gear, socket sets etc was spread about everywhere. That will teach me for having a cheapy chinese padlock, got a big punk a$$ one now like.Now we need a new steering column for the Beta though.

You just don't need it, do you? Sometimes you have to laugh at the incompetents though. Years back someone tried to nick my sister's shagged out Daihatsu Charade from the disreputable neighbourhood in Gunchester when she was then living. They managed to get in, but couldn't get the Krooklok-type device off. I can only guess that they were disturbed as they fled leaving their entire breaking and entering kit, namely a rusty screwdriver... and a candle :lol:Nice to have you back, Torsten!

• 2 months later...

That's just one of those totally pointless PITAs that drives me nuts (break-in, not the Beta steering lock). That said, I trust you missed a set of inverted commas around 'hi-tech' - pretty sure there's nothing special about a system which (gasp! shock!) immobilises the column minus a key in the ignition?