snow ????? in april

bones96

Snow in April isn't that unusual in Britain. The idea that it comes at Christmas is from American films and has been kept going by those awful supermarket ads we get on telly (now starting in late September) where you see a smiling Jamie Oliver and jolly middle class families prancing through twinkly, non-slush snow to have all their material desires satisfied at Asda, Waitrose, or wherever. December is usually mild in England - the real cold sets in in January and February, but snow at Easter is more likely than at Christmas, though it never stays long. Just a bit annoying when it's AFTER (a very early) Easter.Anybody else spend the morning scraping that snow off cars and moving them across the road into the sunlight where it would melt? Blocked the neighbours' drive (thinking they were still in bed) and went to do something else. When I came back out again they had returned from the garden centre & were unloading their Volvo in the street and squeezing past my cars with bags of fertilizer. I said 'You should have come over and told me,' 'Oh no, it's quite alright.' - ! Bless.

the snow was ankle deep where i was most of the dat ventured up to highdown with the sproglets and various sledging implements came across this

Posted Image

twas good fun and at 10.30 in the morning bloody cold in the back ground is littlehampton and rustington

We had about 4 inches here in Newbury. In need of a fried breakfast to get over the shock of finally seeing snow again, t'wife and I ventured into Basingstoke - despite the main Newbury-Basingstoke road being covered in slush, I couldn't believe the amount of divs that sat on my rear bumper - with no lights on - while I kept the speed down to a sensible 35-40. The sight of a Mk3 Golf on its side through a hedge on top of a hill didn't seem to deter them screaming past me at the nearest dual carriageway. Twats - don't they realise if I stop suddenly they're going to slide into me? :evil: Anyway, even though most of it had gone this morning (although we did have a slight dusting overnight), I had to unearth the 405 from it's igloo as I didn't use it yesterday and it was parked in the shade all day :D

bones96. Please refer to my good friday thread for inspiration !

The sproglet smiles say it all !

The snowman made me think of one I saw here some years ago,it was so good I took a couple of photos (cheap camera photos)

Posted Image

Posted Image