One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

Ford used the basic Anglia painted grille on the 5 cwt Thames van and that unique short, plated version on the 7 cwt which also had a little extra chrome trim elsewhere.   They did a similar thing with the previous 100E-based Thames using the Anglia and Prefect grilles respectively.   From 1965 the vans were officially referred to as Anglia vans when Ford began phasing out use of the Thames name on their commercials.   

post-5367-0-18066600-1544471626_thumb.jpg

Ford used the basic Anglia painted grille on the 5 cwt Thames van and that unique short, plated version on the 7 cwt which also had a little extra chrome trim elsewhere. They did a similar thing with the previous 100E-based Thames using the Anglia and Prefect grilles respectively. From 1965 the vans were officially referred to as Anglia vans when Ford began phasing out use of the Thames name on their commercials.

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpg

Other than the chrome doo dads what was the difference between 5 & 7. I know cwt is hundredweight, did the 7 have stronger suspension for added weight?

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!

2cwt is about 100kg so not a huge difference.   As far as I know, the 5/7 cwt differed only in rear suspension leaves (can't remember the exact difference leaf-wise) although the 7cwt 100E-based van had heavier shocks I think, maybe the Anglia one did as well. 

I can't see different market sectors requiring 5cwt and 7cwt versions so I think it was possibly just a way of selling a slightly cheaper van....

2cwt is about 100kg so not a huge difference. As far as I know, the 5/7 cwt differed only in rear suspension leaves (can't remember the exact difference leaf-wise) although the 7cwt 100E-based van had heavier shocks I think, maybe the Anglia one did as well.

I can't see different market sectors requiring 5cwt and 7cwt versions so I think it was possibly just a way of selling a slightly cheaper van....

Fantastic knowledge. Suddenly everything becomes clear. Thanks.

One’s too many, ten’s not enough!