Greetings from a Newbie---Pics of my Shite

RENOMAD

Wonderful cars, I love the 16, it's absolutely beautiful. I really do aspire to own one someday but I fear that day is a long way off!!Welcome to the site, you will see we are all in awe by the number of replies to this post in the first day! Lucky guy indeed. :D

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the complements about my cars-----Sorry about the slow reply. I am looking for a 17,,,,,and I will exchange the 16 (if it is good enough) for a 17,,,NOT.Guys, I am in Ireland. The 16 is on EIRE plates and the rest will be shortly.I actually have MR.Renault 18 to thank for both the 15 & 18, as both were belong to him.The Fuego I picked up on EBAY UK, and believe it or not,,,that 16 was for sale for 2 years through the Renault Classic Car Club..I am looking for a 17.I presume that that white Gordini one is the property of Paul Godfrey!!!???Happy Shite Times Ahead.John

hi to john ( F.........?) and all other fans

well the 17G isnt mine and the owner is keen to stay fairly low profile for security reasons

so i can only confirm that it does indeed belong to the supplier of your lovely alloy wheels on the 15

i worked out who you are but respectfully didnt name you

mr N bickle (might be his real name :) )has indeed viewed this barn collection recently and even he was amazed !!!

but he has signed the official secrets act and unless i am given permission i will be unable to supply more info at the moment

i can however tell you that there is a brand new unregistered dacia denem estate sitting next to 17G (hiding far side of early 12 est )

definitly no v6 tagoras now he did have 1 but broke it up

Posted Image

Great collection and great to see a Renault enthusiast in Ireland :)There has been some discussion on this forum before about how a lot of excellent tat is ending up in Ireland. Now ye know who has been buying up all the Renners :)

In the last few years I have advertised an R14, R12 and R16 for sale (I say 'sale', but they were pretty much for free in fact) - all enquiries (bar the one from Reg!) came from Ireland. It's great that there are people with time, space and enthusiasm for these cars.(Note: change of avatar in line with current climate of Renner love)

In the last few years I have advertised an R14, R12 and R16 for sale (I say 'sale', but they were pretty much for free in fact) - all enquiries (bar the one from Reg!) came from Ireland. It's great that there are people with time, space and enthusiasm for these cars.

Further to this my R14 only missed joining the rest in the Emerald Isle by a whisker! If I'd been any longer stating my intentions I could well have been pipped by an Irishman (it's an epidemic! :shock: ). As it was Mr Flakes passed me the guy's phone number on the understanding that if I should ever get rid......I'd be interested to know whether Mr Darmody managed to find another R14 of his own (he had had one in his 'yoof'). I hope he manages / has managed to find one. I still love mine so it won't be leaving these shores for the time being! :wink:

my R14 only missed joining the rest in the Emerald Isle by a whisker! If I'd been any longer stating my intentions I could well have been pipped by an Irishman (it's an epidemic! :shock: ). As it was Mr Flakes passed me the guy's phone number on the understanding that if I should ever get rid......I'd be interested to know whether Mr Darmody managed to find another R14 of his own (he had had one in his 'yoof'). I hope he manages / has managed to find one. I still love mine so it won't be leaving these shores for the time being! :wink:

I'd want to be in front of him in the queue! :D

So the chances of picking up number 14 are slim????? :shock:

The chances are always slim anyway, I saw two advertised in the space of 5 years, the first one in 1999 I was 16, had no money & couldn't drive. The second came in 2004 when I was 22, had been driving for a couple of years & was prepared to sell my existing car to make way for this one that became mine. :D I know where a resto project R14 probably is, it depends how desperate you are! :lol:

The chances are always slim anyway, I saw two advertised in the space of 5 years, the first one in 1999 I was 16, had no money & couldn't drive. The second came in 2004 when I was 22, had been driving for a couple of years & was prepared to sell my existing car to make way for this one that became mine.

I haven't seen a Renault 14 here for at least 15 years! In fact that's probably an underestimate, the last time I can definitely remember seeing one was in 1989! When I spent several weeks in France in the early-mid nineties I don't recall seeing any there either

I'd be interested to know whether Mr Darmody managed to find another R14 of his own

I'd want to be in front of him in the queue! :D
Good news all round - I understand Mr Darmody did find an R14. Last I heard he was after a 12TS!
Oh right that's good then! You're in regularly touch with him? Point him in the direction of the site, it's about time I wasn't the only 14 owner here! It would be great to compare notes with somebody else! :D

£3495 and they haven't even fitted RHD headlamps. How rubbish of Guernsey to register it like that (Jersey wouldn't dream of letting something in with tape to deflect the beams :lol: )