My new piece of tat

Maltelec

Shite or not?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Shite or not?

• Shite
    • Not

Posted Image

Now honestly, who can say that my new 109 FC is a pile of shite? Its 1964ish from what a friend of the mad scotsman I bought it off said.

All it needs is an engine.

And gearbox, prop shafts, steering box bolting on, brakes, clutch, chassis welding, whats left of the bodywork attaching properly, the bulkhead sorting out, seats fixing in, fuel tank mounting......

I've had the misfortune to drive one of those, and it's a bit like driving an off road Commer van. Like all Land Rovers, any thoughts of designing something that is actually meant to be possible for humans to drive was along way down the desigers' list of priorities. Masochistic shite!

To be Uber Shite, dont bother fixing a flatbed or other normal rear - simply reverse at speed into a caravan and then drive off with said van embedded into the rear platform. Voila - perfect shite off road campervantastic.

Are you insane?You are certainly a braver man than I, and probably braver than most on here.Good luck, it's been fun......Nurse, please administer the straitjacket and place this man in confinement immediately.........

Found this..... the body should be easy to replicate its sort of square.wtf is one of these ex British army doing in NZ :roll:

Its the first vehicle with a crank handle ive seen for a while. I suppose a combination of Lucas electrics and BL engineering made it a very useful tool !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image