The coolest 80’s cars on Autotrader acticle

blackbird

Supra? Depends which one...., the one thats more angular, big arches etc.... I think it was still called the Celica Supra at that point..... yep, agreed, cool.Mk 1 MR2, hmmm, don't know about that, mate of mine had one for ages, never really took to it to be honest, but hey, each to his own....

I wouldn't really consider the SD1 to be an 80's car as it came out in the mid 70's. Same goes for the Golf for that matter. AE86 should probably be on the list, but outside car enthusiasts circles it's not well remembered. Isuzu Piazza would be a worthy Japanese addition as it came out in '81 but like the AE86 it's largely forgotten now.

Evidently Japan didn't make anything cool in the 80s!

i think that the toyota corolla gt coupe should b e in there somewhare, i have owned 2 and are really great cars, both mine did over 140.000 miles with no problems - except for an ex girlfriend rear ending another car with one of them thats why she became the ex :lol: also owned an mitsibushi lancer turbo on a x plate went well with a new turbotecnics turbo but not as much fun as the corolla coupe.also had a toyota 1000 with a 1300 corolla engine, and a 77 civic 1500 which i later transplanted an accord 1600 with 5speed box :twisted:

I wouldn't really consider the SD1 to be an 80's car as it came out in the mid 70's. Same goes for the Golf for that matter.

Indeed....The same can be said for the turbocharged versions of the Saab 900 and Porsche 911, but maybe that's being just a little pedantic!

This is what I was lusting after as a grubby little herbert in the '80s....

Posted Image

R18 Turbo.

Posted Image

Citroen CX GTi Turbo.

Posted Image

Fiat Strada 130TC.

Posted Image

Alfa Romeo 164.

Posted Image

BMW E30.

8)8)8)8)8)

I'd agree with all Bazs choices although this would probably be at the top of my 80's lust list...

Posted Image

I suppose the thing with the SD1 and Golf is that whilst they weren't strictly '80's cars, they were very very popular during the '80's and will likely be forever associated with that period...

My folks had an Audi 200 Turbo for a while. I seem to remember how nice it was to have heated seats which made the journey to school seem quite pleasurable. 8) Prior to that they had an S (78) plated Audi but can't honestly recall whether it was an 80 or a 100 now.