Anyone want my Rover?

wuvvum

Posted Image

I bought it to tow the Alfasud home, which it managed admirably, but it's now surplus to requirements and I can't be arsed to tax it again. It's still MoT'd till September I think so could be useful for someone. It's a bit rough round the edges but it still does its thing well enough, and these old VM diesel engines are supposedly veg oil compatible so it should be pretty cheap to run. £150 anyone?

I'm in Norwich. Might be able to sort delivery out though if I have something to pick up nearby. Clutch was supposedly done relatively recently and certainly seems to manage OK with two tonnes of trailer, although the pedal feels a bit odd to me; gearbox is OK although the shift is a little sloppy as per usual on older 800s. Only mechanical faults I can think of are a bit of wheel bearing noise, a slight notchiness to the power steering when cold and it pulls to the right slightly under full acceleration (probably tracking). Other than that the driver's electric window doesn't work and the front wipers don't self park. Nothing which stops it from being useable though, and on a run it's doing about 45-50mpg as the engine's only doing just over 2000rpm at 70. It's on a steel spare in the pic but it does have four alloys with legal tyres.

From the price I'll assume it's not got any tax left on it...... EDIT I read the post properly.... *slaps forehead* ;)Interested! However I'll have to be one of those people that umms and aaaahs about it until someone else buys it, then regrets it - just moved house and not sure how cashflow is going to pan out :(