holiday autoshite from cyprus in 2005

Guest Halfers

I was digging around on my hard drive and found these. some real shite here, some of the old Renault 12's from the Turkish side of the island were in amazingly rusty condition with holes in the bodywork you could have driven a truck through. most of these pics were taken on a day trip to Famagusta. what a strange town, derelict buildings all over the place

anyway, enjoy....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think it's only the Varosha suburb of Famagusta which is impregnable. Seen a few photos there, definitely no cars ... although there's always this persistent rumour that there is a car dealership somewhere, with brand new 1974 models still in the showroom. Wouldn't be bad I suppose....Lovely Renners btw!

I think it's only the Varosha suburb of Famagusta which is impregnable. Seen a few photos there, definitely no cars ... although there's always this persistent rumour that there is a car dealership somewhere, with brand new 1974 models still in the showroom. Wouldn't be bad I suppose....

Probabily the number one place I'd like to go on holiday with urbex type ruins, 70's japanese cars and sunshine. Does it get any better? Unfortunately its still under heavy guard from both sides (greek and turks) and basically at the very least you'll get your camera smashed up if caught with one. The region still stands as it was in 1974.

I have found these images though:

Posted Image

Posted Image

From the Toyota dealership. Apparently the cars have now been damaged by troops....

Posted Image

Trident at the airport.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some youtube. youtube gets in everywhere these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKrfcpUVaw