Popular Classics

Daniel H

If you had to have a 'Popular' classic, what would it be?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to have a 'Popular' classic, what would it be?

• VW Beetle
    • VW Camper/Van
    • Morris Minor
    • Triumph Stag
    • Mini
    • Nissan Figaro
    • Other
    • None Of Them!

None of these would be on my wish list!...... except, possibly, a Stag. I've owned 2 minis and they're great fun, but agonisingly uncomfortable for anything other than short journeys. I also borrowed a mate's Minor Travellor many years ago, and swore never again!! Never known anything so lethally tail happy in my life!! :shock: Have no direct experience of any of the others, so can't really comment, but, as I say, none of them are on my wish list!!

Moggy Minor.Great handling / steering, good parts back up and very tuneable. Hasn't become 'fashionable' in the way that Minis & VWs have. Also the Moggy 'scene' manages to operate with just two clubs (one for all models and another for just the commercials), both of which welcome modified / customised cars, and are able to cooperate with each other!

Any poll containing Mini, Minor, and Beetle, should also include the Citroen 2CV surely?? :( That's where my vote goes anyway, so it's "other" for me!Saw a Nissan Figaro in black yesterday....Don't laugh, but I thought it looked great.... :oops:

• 4 years later...

I'd actually like to own a Beetle and Mini. Whilst trying to avoid the oh so wacky and original scene for both. The Mini is regarded as a great handling car and I just feel a Cooper is one of those things I need to own in my driving career. Wouldn't mind a Beetle, although I imagine it would last about a week before I got sick of it.

I've voted for the Stag, as I would genuinely love to own one. Mmmmm that engine note.........

I would like an MGB, but I don't want to have to grow a beard and discuss camshafts over a mug of cocoa :(

Buy the right MGB and you can compare laden weights and whether B-series or O-series is best!

Off the list, I'd go for a Minor or a Figaro(with the boost turned up for added grin factor).

Of those on the list I've always fancied having an early mini, the way they were originally designed, 850cc and all. GR8 4 PICNICS WITH THE LADEYZ

Posted Image

A friend had a late '90s Cooper that was alright but was cursed with daft aftermarket ally door handles/window winders that were really painful on the knee.

I've no real desire for a Beetle and I think I came out the other side of MGB ownership reasonably unscathed earlier this year.

I've picked the Minor. I used to be really down on them but if I had to choose from that list it would be a bog standard late model in Trafalgar blue with 1100 engine - very nice in a way but I'd have to have a gun to my head to put my money where my mouth is...

I would like an MGB, but I don't want to have to grow a beard and discuss camshafts over a mug of cocoa :(

Buy the right MGB and you can compare laden weights and whether B-series or O-series is best!

I started this reply to ask wtf you were on about but the penny's dropped now. :D

For reasons that aren't clear MG Midgets are starting to appeal to me. :oops: