RENAULT AVANTIME

25v6turbo

We sold an Avantime to a customer and my god did we wish it never came in p/x!!!Its cost a fortune to prep and theres no profit in the car at allFirst job is cambelt(l7x v6 24v)so thats engine out!then more problems with windows etc,each window reg is £1500....2 centre caps missing on alloys £120,centre armrest broken,£600...Its a REAL nightmare,they are going to become real shite cars(already are?)but i do like the look of them,i thought my V6 Safrane was expensive...

I remember when the Avantime and Vel Satis were both launched I had a Flyer come brochure from the Scunny Renault dealer, through the post.I remember thinking; Although I'm sure 'MPV Coupes' aren't the future, it really does look mental :shock: Shame it killed Matra though :(

I'll MAKE you a window regulator from scratch for £1500. That's just silly. Hunnert-an-twenny quid for a centre-cap?It's a flat thing with a badge glued on, innit? I can't wait for these things to hit 'rock bottom'. I'll be rocking them all day long.

A friend has one. He needed a part before christmas, ordered it and asked the cost of the interior door handle.£37, I'll get one in january he said..... Went back in late jan and the price had gone up to £237 :shock: I nearly got one a few months back, but remembered him saying this and i backed slowly away from the deal :lol:

I can't wait for these things to hit 'rock bottom'. I'll be rocking them all day long.

Seven to choose from on Autotrader at the mo, cheapest is £4950. Let's see now... Remove and sell all the parts priced as above, and the car will only have cost you £396 :lol:Perhaps Renner UK actually wants these things to disappear off the roads ASAP with spares prices like that, talk about planned obsolescence.

I'm just not a great fan of their looks....Nowhere near as offensive to me as the 407 though....That is one BUTT UGLY car....Especially in "SW" form! :(

I could be tempted by a 605 at the right price though....

My mate's just bought a Laguna wagon, and the dealer he got it from had an Avantime as his own transport.... gotta wonder if he's only kept it as he'd have to sell it at a loss ;)I saw one in Autotrader when I was hunting for his Laguna though, and it was the toppest spec I've ever seen. Power tailgate, multi-zone climate control, electric everything, power heated leather, satnav yada yada. They wanted under £5k on a fifty-two plate I think (although I've binned the mag so can't check) which seems ungodly value for money. Mind you it'd only take a broken window regulator to really ruin your weekend :) Can't say the scrapyard spares situation is good either! Wasn't it this model that Renault canned, because 700 dealers only managed to sell 1500 of them in three years?

Wasn't it this model that Renault canned, because 700 dealers only managed to sell 1500 of them in three years?

(Source)

They hoped to sell 20,000 a year, but called it a day after just 4,460 were built during a production run of only two years.

Posted Image

Appears to contradict what's on Wikipedia, but then always take what's on Wiki with a pinch of salt. I had heard that total UK sales were just over 400.

From Sniff Petrol...RUBBISH FRENCH CAR DRAMA ON TELLYSniff, Friday, August 24th, 2007 at 10:39 amPosted in NewsThere was good news for lovers of obscure and shit French cars this week as ITV announced details of a new Sunday night police detective crime police drama, entitled The Avantime Mysteries.Set in the sleepy Dorset village of Fucking Hell! The Avantime Mysteries revolves around newly installed chief police detective police inspector, The Bloke Out Of Bergerac, who has just started working in the village. At first all seems normal in this quaint and gentle little hamlet and Bergerac (Jim Bergerac) is enjoying the new pace of life. That is until one day, whilst on his way to answer a routine call about 15 murdered prostitutes found in the canal, Bergerac (played by Bergerac) notices something rather unusual – a Renault Avantime. At first he thinks he’s imagining things. Surely no one in their right mind would have bought an Avantime, especially not here in sleepy Dorset?Bergerac (portrayed by Bergerac star Jim Bergerac) tries to put what he saw out of his mind, but the contrived and ultimately disastrous design just keeps running round his brain. Don’t worry, he tells himself, it was just a badly rebodied Espace and they didn’t sell any. The chances of there being an Avantime here in the village are tiny. But it turns out that Bergerac (a stunning performance from Jim Bergerac, who many viewers may remember from the TV series Bergerac) is wrong. The next day whilst killing time filling in some tedious routine paperwork about another six dead hookers who turned out to be the source of the blocked storm drain, our hero glances out of the window and… there it is! The bright green Avantime, almost taunting him with its pointless three door MPV styling!Bergerac (a refreshing change of direction for the familiar face of actor Jim Bergerac, long associated with the popular TV shows such as Bergerac and Bergerac Nights) quickly makes it his top priority to find out how on earth an Avantime ended up in the village, or indeed anywhere in the UK. His investigations are progressing well and 15 arrests have been made with two deaths in custody when suddenly his world is turned upsidedown by the appearance of… another Avantime, this time a blue one!Suddenly the case has just become a lot more complicated and Bergerac (the actor and Jersey-based police detective police Jim Bergerac, star of top television police action series Bergerac and author of the acclaimed novel Harry Potter Goes To The Channel Islands And Meets Me, Jim Bergerac) is faced with a mountain of questions. How can there possibly be two Avantimes even in the whole of Britain? What are they doing in just one place? Is this is a conspiracy? A plot to send him mad? Or is his village simply home to an above average number of people whose car buying skills are ruddy useless? Tune in to Bergerac’s The Avantime Mysteries starring The Bloke Off Bergerac (Jim Bergerac) to find out!

From Sniff Petrol...RUBBISH FRENCH CAR DRAMA ON TELLYSniff, Friday, August 24th, 2007 at 10:39 amPosted in NewsThere was good news for lovers of obscure and shit French cars this week as ITV announced details of a new Sunday night police detective crime police drama, entitled The Avantime Mysteries.Set in the sleepy Dorset village of Fucking Hell! The Avantime Mysteries revolves around newly installed chief police detective police inspector, The Bloke Out Of Bergerac, who has just started working in the village. At first all seems normal in this quaint and gentle little hamlet and Bergerac (Jim Bergerac) is enjoying the new pace of life. That is until one day, whilst on his way to answer a routine call about 15 murdered prostitutes found in the canal, Bergerac (played by Bergerac) notices something rather unusual – a Renault Avantime. At first he thinks he’s imagining things. Surely no one in their right mind would have bought an Avantime, especially not here in sleepy Dorset?Bergerac (portrayed by Bergerac star Jim Bergerac) tries to put what he saw out of his mind, but the contrived and ultimately disastrous design just keeps running round his brain. Don’t worry, he tells himself, it was just a badly rebodied Espace and they didn’t sell any. The chances of there being an Avantime here in the village are tiny. But it turns out that Bergerac (a stunning performance from Jim Bergerac, who many viewers may remember from the TV series Bergerac) is wrong. The next day whilst killing time filling in some tedious routine paperwork about another six dead hookers who turned out to be the source of the blocked storm drain, our hero glances out of the window and… there it is! The bright green Avantime, almost taunting him with its pointless three door MPV styling!Bergerac (a refreshing change of direction for the familiar face of actor Jim Bergerac, long associated with the popular TV shows such as Bergerac and Bergerac Nights) quickly makes it his top priority to find out how on earth an Avantime ended up in the village, or indeed anywhere in the UK. His investigations are progressing well and 15 arrests have been made with two deaths in custody when suddenly his world is turned upsidedown by the appearance of… another Avantime, this time a blue one!Suddenly the case has just become a lot more complicated and Bergerac (the actor and Jersey-based police detective police Jim Bergerac, star of top television police action series Bergerac and author of the acclaimed novel Harry Potter Goes To The Channel Islands And Meets Me, Jim Bergerac) is faced with a mountain of questions. How can there possibly be two Avantimes even in the whole of Britain? What are they doing in just one place? Is this is a conspiracy? A plot to send him mad? Or is his village simply home to an above average number of people whose car buying skills are ruddy useless? Tune in to Bergerac’s The Avantime Mysteries starring The Bloke Off Bergerac (Jim Bergerac) to find out!

I can see how sniff petrol got it's name