Jersey Motor Museum?

keef

Hello Keef,This is a 1969 Princess 1300 that is believed to have had only one previous owner and has covered under 40,000 miles. It is in the Pallot Museum and most of the exhibits are owned by the son of the founder. I have a couple of photos in my Jersey Junk thread see below.

Take note please Mr Darling! :roll:

I've always said this would be a fairer way of taxing vehicles plus there is the added "bonus" of the "greener" the car/owner ........Of course high mileage drivers and hauliers ........

as long as the car is on the current registration document

Were these sent out automatically like our V5Cs?What happens if you "find" an "unregistered" vehicle?
The new style reg doc came in when Jersey computerised its registration system in 1993. Anything currently taxed at that time got the new document.Prior to that date, anything that wasn't taxed at the start of each calendar year would be "de-registered" at the end, and the J-number re-allocated to a different vehicle the following January.Therefore there are a number of "barn finds" each year still physically carrying a certain number plate, but that number having long since been reissued to another car.The registration authorities treat such cases as the vehicle having effectively been exported, and therefore the import procedure must be followed (inspection, followed by allocation of a random reg number from the computer).The registration system is in a huge mess with thousands of phantom vehicles on the computer i.e. cars that have been scrapped or shipped out of the island without the authorities having been notified. Plenty of dodgy reg mark swaps take place each year where the vehicle has long gone but someone has later found a document with a saleable number plate.

The registration system is in a huge mess with thousands of phantom vehicles on the computer i.e. cars that have been scrapped or shipped out of the island without the authorities having been notified. Plenty of dodgy reg mark swaps take place each year where the vehicle has long gone but someone has later found a document with a saleable number plate.

Just like here on the mainland then. :D These systems are all well and good, but unless strict rules are applied ....My "favorite" here must be the historic tax class land/range rovers! We'll lose the historic tax class altogether if these vehicles keep on getting "registered".