Lime Green Mondeos

garethj

I remember seeing a few of these around when the Mondeo was launched, was it just a kustom thing or did Ford really offer that colour? They always seemed to have big wheels, lowered a bit and always spotlessly clean. Anyone else remember them, or was it just the same one that I kept seeing?

They're now shite-worthy, I saw one yesterday, first time in years and to be honest, the years hadn't been kind to it. No photo as I was zipping the other way on the bike, but surely any special edition has a warm place in the autoshiter's heart 8)

EDIT:

Some googling has found Citrine Yellow

Posted Image

The XR3 came in Prairie Yellow when it was launched, alongside the more familiar sunburst red, diamond white and strato silver. I vividly remember seeing one at the time, and then never, ever again.

Yup, only available only the Si, I think for the first year, and also (I think) only with the awful "RS" bodykit. The kind of car that Vauxhall Conference footballers of the period coveted, methinks.I also remember seeing a load of Mondeo Ghias around launchtime in a kind-of metallic salmon colour. What were they thinking... :roll:

still see one round my way tinted windows as well used to be loads of fords going round all the same colour yellow some sort of cruise thing if i remember same as the white xr2,s with the tiger stripes i think they were called

Yup, only available only the Si, I think for the first year, and also (I think) only with the awful "RS" bodykit. The kind of car that Vauxhall Conference footballers of the period coveted, methinks.

I also remember seeing a load of Mondeo Ghias around launchtime in a kind-of metallic salmon colour. What were they thinking... :roll:

There was one on my seemingly now long-gone Leicestershite thread. Luckily Photobucket doesn't appear to do periodic purges :lol:

Posted Image