Del Boy spotted in Nottingham

Karmann Ghiaman

Del Boy was obviously getting his hair cut in Nottingham today.

Posted Image

Well, it's a Rialto, but surely later than the one in that immortal TV series. Note that he has added "Nottingham" to the place names. Fair enough.

This particular sad man had parked in the pub car park opposite, crossed the rush hour A60, noticed the Rialto and went all the way back to his own car to fetch the digital camera that would take a better picture than the mobile in my pocket. So you see how much I think about you lot?

Actually you see quite a lot of Robins & Rialtos round here. Reliant indeed started in Nottingham; legend has it that they had to choose a name beginning with "R" because there were parts embossed with that letter on early models, those parts having been somehow acquired from the Raleigh cycle works...

I'm prepared to bet that there are more "Del boy lookalike" 3 wheelers than standard plastic pigs about now.Even the proper Supervan III versions arent too convincing, but a Robin or Rialto is like me painting the Astra black and calling it the Batmobile on the basis its got 4 wheels.

What I love is when her boyfriend/husband/TWOCker or whoever borrows the girly car and you see some tattooed, white baseball cap-wearing thug driving round in a fluffy pink set of wheels with BABE ON BOARD stickers.

Agree about the fake Del Boys. Maybe making a joke of it justifies buying such a shitester in the first place?

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Trotter van ON THE ROAD! It was on the M4 just on the Bristol side of the Seven bridge. So it was a proper Regal Supervan one, the right shape/period etc, AND it was on the motorway AND it just traversed a long suspension bridge without being blown away!I think it also had a roof rack with items as well, VW scene-style. To say I was flabbergasted was a understatement!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Trotter van ON THE ROAD! It was on the M4 just on the Bristol side of the Seven bridge. So it was a proper Regal Supervan one, the right shape/period etc, AND it was on the motorway AND it just traversed a long suspension bridge without being blown away!I think it also had a roof rack with items as well, VW scene-style. To say I was flabbergasted was a understatement!!!!

Was it trying desperately to keep up with a juggernaut being piloted by Denzil? :lol: