Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Diesel dog

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigstraight6

bigstraight6

• Full Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

Well, my 54 plate Avensizzzz oil belcher company hack is playing up a treat at the moment, I've had weeks of poor cold starting and stalling during the first few miles after, usually at a busy junction and then being an absolute swine to restart :roll: Oh, and more smoke than a Trabant :lol: Sounds like a case of over fueling :wink: Earlier this week, my friendly local Toyota dealer confirmed my thoughts and diagnosed kippered injectors, which is even worse taking into account the car had the same problem back in Nov 05 and had replacement injectors, indeed, while I was at the dealers another service receptionist was on the phone to a customer advising that his cars injectors were knackered and needed replacing to the tune of about £1500 :roll: Modern motors, who needs 'em!
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

I bought a brand-new injector for my Clio diesel for £40 and thought that was a rip-off, yikes.Should get 'em to put a Perkins Prima in it instead. 8)

#3 OFFLINE   marinast

marinast

• Full Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationOld London Town

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

Crickey, what a price!No wounder why early R/S reg Avensi are becoming a rare sight these days.Granted they may go wrong on a rare basis, but when they do the repair bill is enormous!
Posted Image
British Leyland, Built to Last a Thousand Years

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

dealer confirmed kippered injectors,the tune of about £1500 :roll:

Our company has a fleet of Vauxhall Movano vans which has the same problem. The answer off 2 different main dealers?? "They all do that sir" :roll:

#5 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:18 AM

Out of interest, how many miles did the injectors pop at? I think they're supposed to have a life of around 100,000 miles.

#6 OFFLINE   r.welfare

r.welfare

Lee 'Scratch' Perry

• Full Members
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationUP YOURS DELORS

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:16 AM

Yup, a colleague of mine is chopping his Y-reg Avensis D4-D in for a company car (err...another Avensis) because of the injectors going south.

2003 Renault Espace IV 2.0 petrol - living up to its reputation...

#7 OFFLINE   bigstraight6

bigstraight6

• Full Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

Well, it finally gave up today and expired, the RAC patrolman couldn't get it to start either, and the company I work for are not to keen on spending out on a new set of injectors as the car is up for replacement at the end of the year, so back to head office it goes, fate unknown after nearly 3 years and 112,000 miles together....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Albert Ross

Albert Ross

• Full Members
  • 4,474 posts
  • LocationDoncaster

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:24 AM

I'll keep an eye on out fleet purchasing lists, to make sure we don't buy it to sell on.....................I work for a main dealer here, and we seem to get all the dross that others throw away!!!!
Stormy Petrel on a stick!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users