Look what I bought!!!

nigel bickle

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/esty-3.jpg

A ghastly interior...

Posted Imagea mildew'ed arse....

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/esty-1.jpgyes- a tax free right hand drive Estafette.....

Just right for recommisiioning my redundant van.

Dead cheap too -now all I have to do is persuade my Employers that I really need a trip to the Isle of Wight- a frame in boot. Shouldnt be too difficult

its a breaker really -but it'll rhd my van, tax exempt it (!) and might offer up a few useful spares.The ferry is the prob -but I can get over occasionally on expenses- so this will be one of those trips.Have to a frame -but reckon 1 yrs tax equivalent -to get it home is worth it

It will -solely on the grounds that I've never seen a UK rhd estafette before. It'll convert mine nicely -and quickly too -cos the neighb's arent going to like this!!Still want help with your 14 -gone quiet?

Were Estefette's not officially sold over here then?Absolutely yes, sorry for not responding straight away, I've been keeping it in mind when best to give you a call. I've been quite busy (as I'm sure you have) and haven't been at home for any sustained period. Soon it will be a case of weekends only else we shant have any light in the evenings anymore! :roll: Mind you it's in a lit garage so not really a problem. I'm tied up this weekend, but I can't think of anything next weekend at the moment. How is next w/e for you?

God knows- is the usual answer!! I never plan ahead- always goes wrong!A trip to Axminster to collect the Fiat ,or IOW for an Estafette are both possible.....Oh -and sorting the detritus on the drive...But -call when it suits- it'll not take long to diagnose; rectification? thats a different issue!!I'll find time -when you're ready

Tell me more- I've never heard/seen a Uk spec one !!

IIRC there is one in somerset.I think you'll need to ask 'ted' here: http://www.renaultownersclub.com/index1.html There are a few more in the hands of enthusiasts but very few on the road.IIRC they had a problem with wheels separating from the vehicle at inappropriate moments.

Off to collect this Friday. Thought it through and am taking the dolly to get 2 wheels off -cos, from what the seller says- it really is doggy.So -look out for a disintegrating van on the A3/A27 early evening Friday -being towed at breakneck speed in the vain hope of avoiding the feds!!

I'm scared for you Mr Bickle, but make sure you take some photos!!I just have the image in my head from that Clint eastwood movie, where they tow the car, and there's nowt left at the end bar the front axle!

So -look out for a disintegrating van on the A3/A27 early evening Friday -being towed at breakneck speed in the vain hope of avoiding the feds!!

Well I work just outside Portsmouth - I finish at 3pm on a Friday, so I'll park in a layby on the A27 for a few hours & await the glorious sight to come rushing past! :D What will be the tower? It would be fantastic to see something old skool towing something else old skool - twice the sight! 8)

It'll be either the green Saab 900 or the grey Saab 900(classic) -mood and fuel tank dependant. My good 'ol Company have bought the ferry ticket -I'll just add a wee dolly on the back....Need to get the wheels off my Panel van tomorrow -and collect the assorted chains, ropes, straps, jacks, lump hammers... etc to get it out.Its going to look hideous -and it may well fall to bits. So if you see an old panel van collapsed at the roadside, number plates and chassis plates missing -just keep going.Reg -you might have to wait a while -intention is to load -spend a nice day there with the wife (thats the trade-off!) then home late evening -when its awfulness isnt quite so obvious.But -even by my standards -I think this one is grim.