Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

King of Wag, RIP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fordpoplier

fordpoplier

• Full Members
  • 350 posts
  • LocationNot Reading anymore

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

Boyd cashed in his chipshttp://www.cnn.com/2... ... index.html

#2 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

From watching American Hot Rod, I got the distinct imprssion he was a bit of an arrogant a-hole but there's no doubting he had plenty of talent and had a massive influence on the rod and custom scene. He did produce some pretty legendary cars, although it has to be said, I'd take Granzilla over Cadzilla any day 8)

#3 OFFLINE   55bloke

55bloke

• Full Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

What a shame- still, non of us are immortal. He didn't seem a particulrly likeable guy, but he sure had an eye for beautiful cars! Presumably, the Rod Shop will continue?

#4 OFFLINE   mcqueenmachine

mcqueenmachine

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

From watching American Hot Rod, I got the distinct imprssion he was a bit of an arrogant a-hole but there's no doubting he had plenty of talent and had a massive influence on the rod and custom scene. He did produce some pretty legendary cars, although it has to be said, I'd take Granzilla over Cadzilla any day 8)

From actually meeting the guy (Boyd) and spending two whole days with him at his place in Anaheim I can tell you that he wasn't an 'arrogant a-hole'.I can also exclusively reveal that the American Chopper guys are 'quite nice' and that Ewan McGregor is taller than you think. Mind you, The Chuckle Brothers are bastards!

#5 OFFLINE   Ratdat

Ratdat

• Full Members
  • 2,770 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

That's good to hear actually. It's a shame his producers couldn't see that's how he came accross on TV. I'm shocked about the chuckle brothers though :shock: :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   Cheggers

Cheggers

• Full Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, the posh part

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

I once shared a train carriage with the Chuckle Brothers...Boy, can those guys drink!!!!
I had my photo taken with REM. That's me in the corner...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users