People Mover Ideas

Marty

Looking at the good book (Parkers), UK models were 2.2ES, 2.2SE and 2.3ES (6 seater), and 2.2 or 2.3LS (7 seater).I reckon the Shuttle is the one to go for if you want something that's going to be peerlessly reliable, being Accord based, and not having the engine in an inaccessible place. Only came as auto though so an LPG kit might be a benefit...funky column shift for Renner 16 memories though!

Odysseys are 6 seaters + 1 v.v.v.v.small person. Not a great deal of space in them although they are great looking.I am just assuming that despite all the good advice here, you are going to fall in love with the Rhodius. Don't knock them till you try them.A stretch W123 Merc might do the job too - try and find a 200D for added laughs.

I'm not convinced about these things to be honest - lots to go wrong and implicit HG issues as noted.If it has to be a diesel I'd pass on one of these. If you can afford the fuel bills and like the shape (or rather The Boss has her heart set) I'd be on the hunt for a low-owner-with-FSH UK market Previa.Although given a free hand (and a coupla grand) I'd be rooting out a Shuttle sharpish :wink:

Although given a free hand (and a coupla grand) I'd be rooting out a Shuttle sharpish :wink:

The reason for the Estima thingy is threefold..a) The middle row of seats turn round to face backwards making a nice little area for the darlings to crawl about in and fight over who sits where...B) it has a decent boot space behind the rear seats to fit the double pramc) It has sliding rear doors - apparently this is a must according to the bossoh and d ) one of her mates has one and she likes the colour:roll: It does not have to be diesel as it will only do about 6000 miles a year.

UK-market Prev all the way, then. Estimas are generally previous owned by folk who know nothing about maintaining a car, I'm afraid.This looks pretty good to me, if the middle bench cleans up anyway. 'Course, the colour may not be to Mrs Marty's taste (been there, done that, been wholly defeated by inpenetrable feminine logic - in my case "I don't like the feel of the column stalks on Japanese cars")!

Sod the Previa, as seen in this very shite film:

Posted Image

What you want is a Townace! All the headgasket popping fun of the Previa, but in a much more shitey package:

Posted Image

I want to see that film!

I think I'd rather eat my own eyes than see that film.... :lol: Anyway, yes if it absolutely has to be a Previa then the only way is a low miler with FSH to stand any chance of reliability. And even then don't expect miracles.Estimas are very much worth avoiding, you just wo't find a od one.

B) it has a decent boot space behind the rear seats to fit the double pram

c) It has sliding rear doors - apparently this is a must according to the boss

The Honda Shuttle has a half decent boot space, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Toyota has one sliding rear door. It's on the kerbside, but pretty sure Estimas and Previas of that vintage only have the one.

I'd really love a good reason to troll about in a sherpa or LDV.

Ultimate commercial shite.

Funny this should come up! Look what my sister's boyfriend has just bought himself as a work van / play thing.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280195987000&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When he first told me he'd bought an old 80s Sherpa style van I pictured one like this below, not the bigger style. I described this to my sister, the one I see parked at work (hadn't tried to get pictures as where I work that can look dodgy). Anyway, when browsing other similar vans on eBay, the very same van I described to my sister only a few hours earlier was amongst the vans listed on eBay, how freaky! It belongs to someone who works where I do, although in a different section.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREIGHT-ROVER-SHERPA-CAMPER_W0QQitemZ130202729101QQihZ003QQcategoryZ14256QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image