1983 205 GL up for grabs!

reallyloud

The others; Panda, Ritmo & R14 are all low spec cars but my Fiesta Si was only behind the Ghia & the XR2 in the pecking order, yet a blanked off plate was where the ciggy lighter should have been - what gives?!!

My Panda doesn't have a snout lighter as standard neither - I guess its all to do with stopping people from smoking.

The others; Panda, Ritmo & R14 are all low spec cars but my Fiesta Si was only behind the Ghia & the XR2 in the pecking order, yet a blanked off plate was where the ciggy lighter should have been - what gives?!!

My Panda doesn't have a snout lighter as standard neither - I guess its all to do with stopping people from smoking.
Well personally I'm 100% anti smoking but a cigarette lighter is useful for a whole lot more than lighting up. It's the only means of operating a whole host of in car gadgets! :wink:

Well personally I'm 100% anti smoking but a cigarette lighter is useful for a whole lot more than lighting up. It's the only means of operating a whole host of in car gadgets! :wink:
The wiring was there in all of my povvo spec Festers for a lighter - just buy one from the aftermarket shop or even from Fraud (about a tenner I think). The BX comes with an additional power socket in the rear, but its a odd shape one - now replaced with a normal Ciggy lighter type socket. I thought most new cars now come with a "power pack" as standard (ie - lighter socket with cover, but no inner bit and coin tray where the fag ash tray would go), and you have to specify if you want the "smokers pack" (to wit they charge you £100 for the inner bit for the fag lighter socket).

Ironically you state how basic the car is by only having a cigarette lighter, but I'm now on my 5th car (the Alfa) and it's the first one to have a bleeding cigarette lighter! The others; Panda, Ritmo & R14 are all low spec cars but my Fiesta Si was only behind the Ghia & the XR2 in the pecking order, yet a blanked off plate was where the ciggy lighter should have been - what gives?!! :?

I'm almost certain that the Fiesta Si should have had a lighter - sounds like an owner "downgrade" to me!!