Help! its that Bloody Toyota again!....

bigstraight6

Chaps, the Sister in laws 1985 Corolla expired again today, the engine just suddenly cut out and it wouldn't re-start. I went and had a look, the first thing I checked was fuel delivery, then removed a spark plug, put the lead back on and cranked the engine over to find no spark at the plug. It also appears to be cranking over rather slowly even with the jump leads on it, any ideas?......

had a problem with two cars that used to just cut out and then restart five minutes later. 85 ford telstar (mazda 626) , and 81 cressida . in both cases it was the igniter in the semi electronic distributor.that was replaced and never another problem. it was apparently caused by me having to use cables to start my shite with flat batteries.don't know if that will help you :?

had a problem with two cars that used to just cut out and then restart five minutes later. 85 ford telstar (mazda 626) , and 81 cressida . in both cases it was the igniter in the semi electronic distributor.that was replaced and never another problem. it was apparently caused by me having to use cables to start my shite with flat batteries.don't know if that will help you :?

Thanks Stuno, I think you might be right about the igniter going tits up!