Like a Jap? Keep calm....

outlaw118

£800??? Blimey. Be interesting to see how well this one does. I don't like the look of all that rustproofing under the bonnet, but I guess if its solid then I approve. But I would wouldn't I. But the owner needs to check his paperwork too, the engine size is wrong. Sloppy. Must try harder.This car is identical to fellow shiters AJCherry...wherever he's hiding these days. Does also pose the question why are so many of these surviving 100A in mustard?

Yes still breathing DC. :) I`m sure this 100A was on Ebay before and like you i`m pleasantly surprised by £800.In fact at the moment there are 3 100A`s on ebay! Well as for the colour, you certainly can`t miss it. I`m not quite sure why this colour was so popular other than it was available from 1971 to 1977.

The survival rates of these seem to be really high, which puts paid to the ill-informed Clarkson-esque opinions about '70s Datsuns.

There are mercifully few left say compared to British cars of the period, but as so many were imported into the UK, the laws of averages will dictate why so many survive compared to cars which had lower import numbers such as the Fiat 127 or Peugeot 104 - both as equally as worthy and somewhat susceptible to tin-rot!

That mustard cherry sold for £800! Here`s some facts : 85731 E10`s sold in the UK including coupe and estate. DVLA says only 50 left taxed on the road in 2004.In my opinion at least another 50 Sorn declared or untaxed waiting to be discovered so say around 100 left in the uk.With the last E10`s being registered in early 1977 most had disappeared from our roads by the early 1990`s.Life expectency around 11 to 13yrs, rust being the main killer.