Westcountry shite volume 2(updated 23/03/08)

bigstraight6

Merc camper....

Posted Image

And seen today in Penzance, the owner of this Ford D series has owned it from new, and has used it daily in that time delivering quality Cornish produce in West Cornwall! respect indeed....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, you've captured my favourite old camper van & my favourite old lorry! Big up to the deep south west! 8):D

• 2 weeks later...

With all the new Fiat 500's about (which I do rather like) it was nice to see this original beauty on Wapping Wharf in Bristol....

Posted Image

Despite its appearence, this hearing aid beige Corty is solid and its South Molton based owner is about to start restoring it....

Posted Image

This Beta is lurking in Falmouth, and has a tempting "for sale, reasonable offers considered" piece of paper on top of the dashboard....

Posted Image

Renner 4 survivor in Taunton....

Posted Image

I've often seen this old shiter on the roads of Plymouth being piloted by its obviously loving old giffer owner....

Posted Image

So odd seeing a pov-spec Mk4 Cortina nowadays, yet when I grew up the things were everywhere. If I do see one it’s usually a Mk5 (Cortina 80, whatever) so it’s a bit of a treat to the little rear lights and shallow windows on that one. Beige too.Like the reg on it, one of my old Laurels was RFP110R, IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update from last week, starting off with a wonderful find on a Barnstaple council estate in the shape of a tatty Reliant Regal 3/25 saloon!

Posted Image

Just around the corner was this Crapi....

Posted Image

Extra spicey Cajun chicken for me please, St.Austell Pizza establishment advertising heap....

Posted Image

Another Reliant! this time a Fox camper on Penzance seafront....

Posted Image

Parked close by was this nice little Triumph....

Posted Image

The attractively named Coalpit Heath area of Bristol threw up an equally attractive returning to nature Bedford TK....

Posted Image

The truth lies somewhat in the middle I guess, Wiki says:The Reliant Fox is a small four wheeled glass fibre utility vehicle manufactured by the Reliant Motor Company in Tamworth, England between 1983 and 1990. It used 850 cc aluminium engine and was technically based on the Reliant Kitten with which it shares its chassis, engine and running gear (with some modifications).

Parked close by was this nice little Triumph....

Posted Image

Superb photograph! Cut out the modern silver Corsa looking thing and it could have been taken 40 year ago! Even the roads and pavements look 1968. 8)
I know that car! The chap who owns it has had 1300s for years, really nice guy.